Monday, August 6, 2012

My Weekend

This past weekend has been interesting, entertaining and disappointing.  I've also had a fair bit of fun through watching some great movies from the 1970's of 'Planet of the Apes' and I now know why people enjoy it so much, while others don't.  
However, it was Friday where I'll begin, as that's the day when my weekend began.  I had had the whole week of being out and about and not a single day to myself at home; as I usually would.  And on this day, I started up the computer to see if I could move all my photos and a few files to the external hard drive Mum had lent me to save myself problems on Saturday.  However, the keyboard and mouse wouldn't connect, so I was hunting around the house looking for a pair of old keyboard and mouse to hook up - ones with cords so I could still use them.  But I remembered 20 minutes into my search that I had given them back to Dad... darn!
Well, I was exhausted and didn't want to go out again.  So, I stayed at home and decluttered a few areas around the house, read a couple of chapters of a book and pretty much lazed about the place.  By that evening, I had decluttered the area next to the pantry, my phone cabinet, the area next to Little Miss Stevie and the coffee table; and I was bored out of my head too much to do much more of cleaning up around the place.  Truthfully, I have to be in the right zone/mood to clean and that day wasn't it. Anyway, I missed my day being on a computer and let Mum and Dad know I was going to their place the next day.
On Saturday, they dropped around in the late morning and we replaced the battery in the hard drive. However, by this time, the computer was now not talking to the monitor as well as the keyboard or the mouse.  Fortunately, I have been doing a lot of research in the last few weeks looking for a computer - a new one - to replace this old one so, when it did die on me, I was ready.
Well, yesterday, I was out in the afternoon to a concert put on by the Southern Cross Singers; a choir I used to sing with years ago.  It was to celebrate their 20th Birthday as a local choir.  And what a concert!  Mum and I were both singing the songs all the way through it all.
Today, I caught a bus to Mum and Dad's place.  However, I dropped in to 'Rockaway' and found a couple of very nice vinyls for a good, cheap price of $2 and $4; not bad if you ask me.  However, I am looking forward to the day when I have my computer up and running; soon.  Well, until my next post, take care, keep safe and well, and remember, I'm always here.

No comments:

Post a Comment