Wednesday, July 16, 2014

The Big Clean-Out Update

It's July and I thought to update you guys with how my 'Let's Get Organised - 2014' is going.  Now, I started this enormous task of cleaning out my home about two years ago, and really got stuck into it when my folks went away on holidays last year and let me use Mum's car... and boy, did I have fun!

Now, it's almost a year later, I'm in full swing of getting into the last few months of this year and I'm working hard on the home office. 

This has been fun.

I've required a bit of online help from Peter Walsh, who has been a wonderful back-up for when I really need somebody to tell me what to do and I'm being just downright slack!  Thank you so much Peter!  I appreciate your help, I really do.  
And his 30 Days of Decluttering in January really kick-started my work here - honestly it did!  I jumped into the deep end and didn't stop!

I'm so happy with the progress and have found the home I've been looking for under all the junk I've been holding onto - how strange that is!  And the home I've always wanted is retro-80's.  I love what I've been turning my home into and can't wait until the next stage of my work here.  There's always more work to be done and I want to do it.

Also over the past year, I've jumped into the deep end of another pool... opening a small hobby business and becoming a retailer at the Creative Markets at the local primary school which is held on the last Sunday of each month.  I have been participating in this since November last year and have loved every minute of it... it's so much fun!  And with new ideas popping into my head all the time, I'm never without work to do at my craft table each afternoon and each night.

The garden is looking great as ever, and I'm still looking at it as an on-going project to work on too!  I'm looking at getting more things to bring into the space, new plants to make it look and feel great and I want to have hanging baskets around the place once the rest of the fences are done up... if they get done up.  If not, well, I'll just put in the hanging baskets anyway and make it work until it does happen.

And so, it's the middle of Winter, and it's been the coldest one we've had for a while.  Even though the chilly months are brief here in Queensland, it's something we often don't forget when it does turn into a cold snap.  So, what projects - year-long ones - have you been working on?  Are they hopping along well, or slowing down?  Until my next post, take care, stay safe and remember, I'm always here.

No comments:

Post a Comment