Saturday, January 10, 2015

Bright'n'Early!

I was up nice, bright and early at 7am this morning to get in and do some chores around the place before the heat of the day set in.  

First thing to do was some laundry - okay it wasn't much, but I thought to get it all dry before the showers this afternoon.  But as it was all going in the washing machine, I thought to get out into the garden and water the lawn and plants, as the cicadas started to sing through the air.  I love it when that happens as then you know it's going to be a stinking hot day... they tell us through their pitch.

Once the garden had nice drink, I heard the machine stop, and the washing had to be hung out.  Then, I got breakfast under way, with the radio going and the cordless phone off its charger and within reach.  I had a few things to get done today - and one of those things was to pull down and put away the Christmas Tree and decorations.  I have to do this before 12th because it's tradition for me to get the tree down before 2 weeks into January... otherwise I'm completely out of whack for the rest of the year.

As I got down the plastic boxes and added the new decorations to them, I pulled out the 3-set of drawers from wardrobe in the home office to remind me to get it cleaned out, cleaned up and ready for the next few weeks - ready for the work station at my back door.  I have already started pulling apart my work station in readiness for its tranformation; and I'm already saving money to buy the lumber for it too.  I can't wait to get it pulled together with Dad helping me at their house (where he has all the equipment).  I've wanted this work station for almost a year now, and now it's going to happen, I'm so excited!  And I have people who want the bookcase too - my next door neighbours, they'll be putting their blu-ray collection into it!  They're excited they don't have to go looking for another bookcase; that it's coming to them for nothing.

Well, I got all that done before 9am.  I made myself a drink and headed upstairs for my time on the computer and found Chuck Wendig had put out our first Flash Fiction for year.  Unfortunately I have to mull it over for a few hours because when I got the computer fixed up, Word for Windows wasn't installed onto it.  So, I have to wait for the neighbour's girlfriend to return home to find the disk to put it on (as I can't find my copy of it - I think Mum and Dad have it and forgot to give it back to me).  Well, that's all I got done today. There's going to be more done tomorrow around the place.  Until my next post, take care, stay safe and remember, I'm always here.

No comments:

Post a Comment