Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Autumn Marches On - Finally!

It's been hot.
It's been steamy.
It's been hot and steamy...

Yes, we've had a longer than usual Summer here in Australia and I bet, you guys overseas have had a longer than usual Winter too!  We've just been hanging out for the cooler months; and its wonderful long nights and shorter days.

But this month has been as busy as it's been hot and stormy.  Within this month, I've raised a lot of money, been to a market and weathered a thunderstorm there and shaved all my hair off for charity, as well as finally worked where to get the best fruit and veggies nice and fresh... even if I have to drive for 10 minutes to get them.

Yes, this month has been busy, frantic, hot and sticky and stressful.  However, I have learned a lot about myself, family, people and what life is like without my hair... and that I could shave my head again if I needed to.

I do miss my hair... seriously I do.  And I really didn't know how much I played with it until my hands went looking for it, and it wasn't there.  I still feel the phantom pony tail and all my friends tell me that I look great with short hair - but I hate it.  I'm looking forward to having it long again; really I do, because I've lived most of my life with shoulder-length or waist-length hair.  I really do feel very naked without my hair.

However I raised over $800 for the Leukaemia Foundation of Queensland; and I damned proud of that.  I should be able to raise that much money every year, but it just doesn't happen.  I did ask online why that was so; why it took me shaving my head for people to dig deep, when I've been colouring my hair for years.  My question went unanswered... nobody wanted to tell me.  I'm hoping they understand that my hair went off to Pantene to have them make it into a wig for somebody to wear while undergoing treatment. 

This month has been been a very weird month in weather.  We have had some rainfall, but we've also had some really dry days too... and then we've had some big thunderstorms.  So, it causes me to wonder how cold our Winter is going to be; and how long?  Is it going to be longer, just like our Summer?  There's so many questions and not enough answers, and so, so many conspiracies.  I don't know where to start or look.  I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Well, today it's the first cool day we've had this month; and I'm grateful.  Actually, I'm currently wearing a beanie on my head as I'm getting cold... how weird is that?  Until my next post, take care, stay safe and remember, I'm always here.

No comments:

Post a Comment