Monday, March 16, 2015

Bucket Lists

When you get older, you tend to look at life differently; a lot differently.  And when you get older, you start making a Bucket List - this is a list of things you want to accomplish before you kick that bucket called Life.

Getting my head shaved for the Leukaemia Foundation wasn't on my Bucket List - but it should have been, because it was empowering.  As much as I have hated myself over the last 48 hours for doing what I did to my hair, I have to remind myself that I did this for two charities.  One is raising funds for the Leukaemia Foundation; while the other is Pantene Beautiful Lengths Promotion where they'll make a wig out of my hair.  
A lot of people on Saturday got long ponytails cut off and their heads shaved and the hairdressers threw away those ponytails without another thought.  I was grateful that I did my research and found a place for mine.  

However, I had thought about my bucket list and realised there have been things on it that I have accomplished over the last few years.  One of those things on my bucket list was to drive a car again -which I've done!  

I've also got on that bucket list a lot of things I'm not sure I'll get around to doing.  There's some great things I'd love to do - like seeing Mt Everest, sky dive and other great things that are thrilling - but due to my medical condition I'm just not permitted to do them.  I guess we can all dream, right?

So, what's on your Bucket List - well, not your whole bucket list, just the top ten things?  Until my next post, take care, stay safe and remember, I'm always here.

No comments:

Post a Comment