Saturday, April 4, 2015

Happy Easter!

Woah!  It's Easter already.  That means the rego of the Little Green Machine is up to be paid (and I've paid it... yay!) and then there's its insurance and the RACQ Roadside Assistance too...but I have until the end of the month to do the other two.  I will be doing those two next week to get them out of the way.

However, this weekend is the Long Weekend for Easter.  I spent Good Friday at Mum and Dad's place where Mum played 'Crossroads' concerts on their television for 5 hours!  

Okay, this is something Dad hates, which I didn't mind for 2 hours, but having it go on continuously for 5 hours is a little much.  By the end of it, I really wanted to leave the house... I felt really bombarded by it all.  
But I was a visitor and felt I couldn't say anything.  I did stay for dinner and ended up telling Mum I didn't like what she did with the music that day; that she didn't even notice that I went quiet by around 3pm (when I do go quiet in times like that, it means I'm withdrawing and feel really exhausted from my surroundings and what quiet time... even just an hour or so).  

Today, I was out really early to the shops to pick up a few little things to take tomorrow to my friends' house.  I'm cooking up a storm when I get there.  It's going to be fun.  I'm taking my wok and making a huge stir fry... great stuff, eh?  Well, it's going to be wonderful and I'll be loving every minute too, as Will Cornivus (a mutual friend of Geoff and Vivienne's) will be there too, and he and I haven't seen each other for yonks.
While I was out, I bought Mum and Dad their Easter gift of a cute little plant and took it over there to them.  I said that may not be able to drop by before going to Viv and Geoff's place, so thought to give it to them today; and see them on Monday instead.

Anyway, while I was there, Mum was searching high and low for a shopping list and she couldn't find it.  We searched the car, her handbag and my bag and her clothes ... and we still couldn't find it.  Well, she started writing out another one when I suggested she downloads an app from the Playstore onto her phone and she'd never lose her shopping list ever again.  She did that and started writing her list out on her phone.  I'm glad I taught her about that app.  She takes her phone everywhere... and so she won't ever lose her lists again.

Well, that's been my day so far.  I've also written out a flash fiction today too; and it got 13 hits in just 45 minutes... very cool... I'm very happy about that.  It's holding on the 13 so far, but I'm hoping it'll take off more by Monday.  Until my next post, take care, stay safe and remember I'm always here.  And most of all, Happy Easter!

1 comment: