Sunday, August 9, 2015

This Long Weekend

Here in Logan, we're right in the middle of the long weekend for the Royal National Annual Show - better known as The Ekka. 

Personally, I haven't been in over a decade; it just doesn't do anything for me anymore. The place is too expensive and I think I've outgrown it. But many people go each year and love it every time.

The good thing that comes with The Ekka is the public holidays - but they're all over the place. So, this weekend, it's Logan City's turn to have Monday off.  And for us who don't go into the Exhibition in the city, it's a long weekend to sleep in, get into some work or catch up with family (if they don't work or go to school outside of the Logan Area). 

Yesterday, I was out and about at the Hyperdome with The Crew writer's group. We were looking at book blurbs. We had to write our own and send them in.  I did one - a short and sweet one - and it had everyone intrigued, but it does need help with a few things in it; just some rewording.
Others had some good ones there too. One sounded like a synopsis while Shaun started us off with one from a book which had been published already... and tricked us into thinking it was his. Very subtle but very good to get us all thinking about what the public wants.

Today, I read in the paper that remote towns are going to pull Vegemite off their shelves because people are making booze out of it; and these people's kids are drinking the home-brew their folks are making. Jeez, the next thing you know, they'll be taking potatoes and rice off the shelves because people are making Gin and Rice Wine and their kids are getting into that too! Stupid!

Also today, I'm going to work on more of my stuff for the stall next month. I have a commissioned work to get done and then there's other paintings I have to get done too - I have only 3 of the miniatures happening at the moment; and I have yet to find a box to display them in. 

So, a lot is going to be done and I have only a few weeks for some things, a few months for other and a few days for yet other work. Yeah, never a dull moment here. What is your weekend like? Filled up like mine? Or chilled out and relaxed? Until my next post, take care, stay safe and remember, I'm always here.

1 comment:

  1. Instead of Brisbane Ekka, some kids at work told me they went to a theme park on the Gold Coast on that weekend.

    ReplyDelete