Sunday, January 31, 2016

Believe and Trust No-One

I'm so stoked to say that I watched 'The X-Files' movie last night; and it still creeped the crap out of me after all these years. When I first watched it, over 10 years ago, I didn't fully appreciate it. But now, I totally enjoyed everything about it.

And tonight, they're airing 'The X-Files' the mini-series, which is going to kick off the return of the television series again. 

I can't wait! 

And yes, I used to watch the original show way back when it was a dorky little show on channel 10 in the 1990's. We didn't think anything of watching it on a Saturday night and enjoying it for what it was: a great story of sci-fi proportions. I even went so far as to own the soundtrack, a coffee mug with 'The X-Files' on it and yes, I have one of the original t-shirts still in my wardrobe too (and the big 'X' on the front actually glows in the dark. This is something I didn't know until recently when my brother told me he could see me walking up to his house in his backyard and he had turned out the back light - he thought it was creepy as hell and turned the light back on!). So, what things from this show have you guys have (if any)and do you still enjoy the music and talking about it all? Have you read the books written from the shows?

However, Mum and Dad have been taping it and catching up on the old episodes lately and they watched a couple of them one day with me and found that they were really gross and in-you-face. Mum didn't realise how in-depth they were when it came to the details in these shows and can totally understand where I get my fascination for enjoying 'Supernatural' and its horror/fantasy.

Anyway, I'm going to finish watching a sit-com I have on dvd and then ready myself for the wonderful mini-series tonight. Until my next post, take care, stay safe and remember, I'm always here.

1 comment:

  1. Used to watch this show in the 90s until one particular episode stopped me watching for life!

    ReplyDelete