Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Dead Air

I'm really not happy right now. Actually, I can say that I'm really pissed off - yeah, pissed off is keeping it pretty clean.

I have lost my internet connection for the last three days at my house and so have come to my parents' house to write this blog, to connect on Facebook and on to my hotmail to get what I need to call Optus to try and talk to them - again - and hope and pray that they don't cut me off for the 6th time in three days.

Yes... I've have had the phone company not want to talk to me after leaving me on hold for over 10 minutes. They have cut me off when I've tried to get them to fix my internet and phone line. This is about a month after I bundled my phone and internet bills together... something I really should never have done because the way things were going (2 separate bills) was doing just fine. 
Now? I'm being treated horribly and hung up on, being treated dead air on the phone line and on my mobile - and this is after 10 years of me being a loyal customer to this damned phone company, after paying my bills on time every time and never failing to be there as a good customer to them. 

But Optus' downfall is their customer service. Whenever I needed them to help me with my phone line, they'd keep me on hold for over 10 minutes, never be there when I needed them and never ever help me when I needed. This is damned well unexceptable and something needs to be done to fix this problem. 

Not only this, but the people you get to speak with are hard to understand; and when you tell them you're having a hard time understanding them, they get impatient and hang up on you... this happened three times to me on Monday and yesterday. 

I am not going to put up with these horrible people anymore. Optus must work on their customer service. This phone company must look into how they treat their customers; and if the complaints on their Facebook page is any indication, I'm not the only person out here in the world who is pissed off at them. Some of the public have been without phones and internet service for over a fortnight (2 weeks!) and this a dreadful way to treat your customers when Optus used to be one of the best phone companies around not so long ago... so, my question to them is: what happened to make you - Optus - treat your customers so dreadfully? You either fix your customer relations or you'll lose a huge amount of your customers to your competitors ... and there's a lot of them out there now, not just Telstra. 

And... I'm going to be one of those leaving Optus to go to another company who will actually talk to me without cutting me off in the middle of what I'm saying. 

No comments:

Post a Comment