Saturday, November 19, 2016

Haven't Stopped This Week

This week, I haven't had a day to myself.

It's been a familiar tune, hasn't it? Well, okay, not familiar, but happening more often. The closer we get to Christmas, the busier we all become.

This week, I had craft group on Monday, with a very sore tooth. I had no idea at the time that I had damaged my gums a few weeks ago. But eating had become almost impossible. Anyway, I just didn't eat anything much for about three days... mainly I drank milk, water and cold tea and yoghurt because they didn't hurt my mouth. 
Tuesday had me out and about at the NaNoWriMo meeting at the Logan Central Library, where I wrote about 2,000 words with another writer. We really got chugging along there. Emily finished her book, whereas I got my characters caught in a storm - not a bad writing session.
Wednesday was the longest shopping day on record. I went to the dentist, found out I had damaged the gum above my sore tooth with a toothbrush bristle (who would have thought I could do that!). Then the dentist asked me if I had used a harder brush, and I said I may have once a few weeks ago, and he said that's what did it. Well... okay. I was relieved to know I didn't need to have the tooth out.
Grocery shopping was done, and then I did some Christmas shopping and I arrived home. By that time, it was around 2pm! Woah! What a day!
Thursday had me up at 6am to put a few things away and do a couple of loads of laundry as the day started. In the afternoon, my folks and I took off to see my niece, Riley, off to her formal/prom and she looked wonderful! She and her date were driven in a 1962 Impala! What a car! Afterwards, my brother and his girlfriend, Mum, Dad and I were off to the Nundah Hotel to have dinner. We arrived home at around 8:30pm. 
Yesterday, I had an appointment at the Chiropractors. I did more laundry and started tidying up the house for Christmas. I bought some cheap streamers for outside the house (five streamers for $5.00 - what a deal!). When I arrived home, I was so tired!
Today, I slept in. After such a long and busy week, I didn't really want to get out of bed. But I needed to. I put all the craft gear where the tree was going to be set up upstairs wardrobe in my bedroom. Then, I moved a few things around, put the rubbish out, organised the coffee and washed up a few things before I made more easy-yo yoghurt and then made breakfast... yep, I've been busily working away at housework before breakfast. Now, it's afterwards, I just want to chill out this weekend and enjoy myself. 

What a week! Was your week as busy as mine? I hope so - or if you're busy enough as it is, I hope you found time to chill out. Until my next post, take care, stay safe and remember, I'm always here.

No comments:

Post a Comment