Thursday, March 16, 2017

World's Greatest Shave

It's on yet again!

Yes! The World's Greatest Shave! 

And yes, I'm taking part in it as I always do every year. 

I joined up for it in January and hoped people would give greatly. However, this year, I didn't raise as much as I had hoped. I only raised $75.00. Such a pity I didn't get over the $100 mark... but that's just how it goes sometimes. 

I have had some big things going on in my life too; but I have been taking the donation boxes with me - leaving one at my local doctor's surgery and have another one to travel with me places. And family promised to donate, but forgot or didn't have the cash. Never mind... I understand things can get on top of them and they may not have the money at this time of year.

Anyway, this year, I went to the Griffith University Campus Heart on Kessel's Road to get my hair coloured. Mum, Dad and I had never been there before; and so we had to trust the good ol' GPS to get us there and back. 
Fortunately for us, we didn't have to walk far, or wait very long. And the best thing is that the university was so pretty, very big and lovely in every way. And seeing I've never attended a university, I never thought it would be like this - you know pretty and nice. 


Once there, I signed in with the organiser - Daniel - and he let me know that the hair-dresser was going to take a break from shaving and they were going to do some colouring again soon. And once she finished to go on a lunch break, I was next up. 

It was great fun! 

One of the students (I think he was a student), coloured my hair all different colours - but used the base colour of green and purple... then added in yellow and pink. Mum was there with my phone, capturing the whole thing for me! It was wonderful.

The best thing was that Daniel asked me about how long I've been doing this, if I'd shaved or coloured before and I said I shaved 2 years ago and had had cancer in our family - touching different members, as well as myself - and this was my way of giving back to society of how much it means to me to be alive still. While I was in the chair getting my hair done, he told everyone over the P.A why I was doing this and what I had told him... it was great! 

Now, I think next year, I may go back to the Griffith University Campus Heart to get my hair done again... it's such a friendly place. And while Mum and I waited for Dad to pick us up, we didn't feel as though we had to move on or anything. We just sat around in the shade of the Campus Heart (which is a huge seated area with a few cafes and restaurants around) and just hung out there. It felt very welcoming and comfortable.

So, that was my day today. Until my next post, take care, stay safe and remember, I'm always here!

No comments:

Post a Comment