Thursday, December 6, 2018

Christmas-Time

It's a week into December, and I have yet to put up my tree and decorations. Well, okay, I've got up the streamers on the trees outside, but nothing inside the house yet. 

But today, I moved everything in the lounge after breakfast so I can put up the tree this arvo and get into it well and truly. However, this year, I think I'll be taking the door off the stereo system, as it gets in the way, and besides, the glass is broken in it now. So, the door coming off is best. I'll store the door somewhere safely until such time I can get the glass replaced. 

Otherwise, today is the day I'm getting in and clearing up the house to put up the Christmas decorations. Some of it started yesterday, where I put away things, and moved some things around the place; and this morning, it's cool enough to get in and move more from where the tree usually stands. I have put away my painting box, some other things, have had to move the clothes horse into the kitchen and removed some dvds I want to watch over Christmas and NYE. So... this arvo, I'll be all ready to work on the tree.

Yep, I'll have the Christmas Carols on vinyl going and the living room filled with decorations... oh the fun of pulling out the things I use only once a year from storage! Yay! But this year, I have fairy lights I'll be installing for around the living room window. So, they'll be going in before the tree, I think and I'll make sure they shine outside ... I hope it looks good.

I've hand-made most of my gifts this year and will op-shop some of them too. Otherwise, I'll be op-shopping only a few of them for my brother and Dad. As for wrapping them? Well, I'm using the Japanese fabric wrapping design this year. It's a kinder way of wrapping, and nothing goes to landfill - yes, you reuse the fabric. If you'd like to find out more, you can look on YouTube about it all - it's the most relaxing thing you'll see ever! I thought it'd be stressful to watch, but really, it's not. Until my next post, take care, stay safe and remember, I'm always here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment