Thursday, August 8, 2019

August Already

July was a busy month for me. 

I got the go-ahead to make as many Crazy Beanies as I could to be put into the 'Pop-Up Store' at the Logan Art Gallery. And now, these are beanies which are my own design; so I'm really stoked about this. Also, they want any baby beanies I have been making too.

Then, I'm taking part in an exhibition at the Logan Artists Association too. There's one painting which I'm due to hand in next month - as I've finished it this week and have to paint 2 more edges on it... and then? Well, that's it! I wait for it to dry completely and it's ready to take in!

Over the next 3 months, I'll be cleaning out my home office and searching for a new desk and a new bookcase for it. The old desk and bookcase (the brown one with the badly sagging shelves) will both be tossed out in the recycling bin and I'll be reorganising the whole room to cater for me. There will be more room as well.

By November, this office will be completed and then I'll have a few things ready on the car too, and the garden as well. I seriously can't wait to get it all done. It's been a long time coming when it comes to this kind of thing too... and I'm also going to look into op-shops and see what kind of desks they have too. So, I'll be driving out to places where they'll have furniture and be able to deliver too. This is going to be a fun thing for me.

Well, the garden is going to get a clean up too... just a little one. I need to get in and spread the lawn seed out, and fertilise it too. And I'll find some garden lights as well. Seeing I got the Agapanthus all split up and organised into bigger pots, I'm sure they'll be flowering this Summer - all purple flowers, how pretty is that?

It sounds like a lot, but it's not really. I'm really just staying home and going through a lot of junk here and throwing out things I no longer need. Until my next post, take care, stay safe and remember, I'm always here.

No comments:

Post a Comment