Monday, September 23, 2019

A Busy Time!

I've been meaning to come here and talk, but every time I do, I feel as though I have to wait and see how something in life works out first.

Now, it's Monday morning. Spring is definitely here in Australia and the birds have eaten every berry off the Moch Orange shrubs in my garden... such cuties they are! And I've finally got time to sit and talk here.

My life has been weird lately.

I'm knitting a lot of beanies - more than I did with the commission for the Logan Art Gallery - because I'm doing a demonstration in a few months there; and need to have enough to show while I'm there in November. But I'm also knitting a lot because it's something to do with my hands at night and I really do enjoy it.

I'm painting still too. But I'm not doing it for profit, I'm painting because I love to paint and make lovely pictures. It doesn't matter what I paint, so long I enjoy my work.

And then there's the garden. I've been working in it a lot lately. There's been herbs to replace, the lawn to work on over the next few weeks (because it's just dirt now) and plants to replace because they've died and need to be replaced with lovely new greenness. 
Otherwise I do enjoy being in my garden; as it's my escape from the outside world.

Speaking of escaping from the world... I'm finally getting into my home office declutter. Yay! Yes, it's been a long time coming and I'm working hard on getting rid of the crap from this particular room. So far, I've won a small shredder and gotten in and shredded 2 rubbish bags of paper from the top drawer of the filing cabinet and they've been tossed in the bin outside! Woah! That's a lot of stuff to get done. And my tall bookcase and Grandpa's Desk have swapped places in the office in the first part of the office make-over. 
I'll be getting rid of the saggy bookcase and the desk I'm currently working on - and replacing the bookcase with a good, sturdy IKEA one to put next to the tall one. The tiny one by the window will go where the old saggy one went and then the old desk will be tossed, and I'll get a plain, ordinary student desk with drawers - nothing exciting. This corner desk is falling apart and wobbles all the time. So, it's getting tossed. The filing cabinet is going to be my Dad's, and everything the office will be moved around... I'll have more floor space and it'll be better in every way because I'll be able to open the other curtain in the daytime. 

So, part one has been done, and I'm looking forward to part two and three happening soon. I'm just working on saving up money to buy the desk and other bookcase. I'll need another shelf for the small bookcase... but that's nothing really. Well, it's a lot of news in a post, right? But, that's what happens when you forget to write. Until my next post, take care, stay safe and remember, I'm always here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment