Monday, January 31, 2022

A Lot Has Happened

 Well, let's see...


It's been quite a while since I last posted here, but that doesn't mean I haven't been thinking about this place.


I've been very sick. Don't worry, my Epilepsy had been fine, very stable in fact. I had my appendix out actually... okay let's start where it all did. October, when I was going to begin really talking about what I was going to get up to over Christmas.


I got my Phizer jab - the first one - and within the week of my birthday, I got my appendix out. Then, I had my second one and I got really sick with this awful bacterial infection called c.diff. It's painful, gross and just plain disgusting; and takes a long time for some people to recover from it, while for others, you take a few courses of antibiotics and - bang - you're on your way to your life again.

Me? Well, It seems that my guts don't like what antibiotics do. I don't take them anyway, unless I really and absolutely have to. And it's just that these really strong ones don't work on me. The minute I tried to ween myself off them, the symptoms of c.diff came back... and I was back in the ER at Greenslopes Private Hospital.


Jeez... not a great place to end up just before NYE. 


Anyway, I've been out of hospital just over a month, and I'm cleaning out the house. So far, the coffee table has been donated, and replaced by 3 little tables. And the white drawer has been donated too... and not replaced by anything. I'm also cleaning out my book collection. So far, I've got over 40 books I'm either getting rid of or offering up to bookcrossing friends... this is a good thing for me. I'll have more room in my office, and more floor space, less stress.


I've already gone through my wardrobe twice and it's looking good. The kitchen is cleared up and and the living room is tidy too. So, I'm good with those places. 


Volunteer work has closed for a little while, as everyone there has covid... well, except me. It was weird. I went in last Monday, worked for a few hours, came home, showered and washed my clothes (as I have been doing since covid struck), then the next day, I got my eyes looked at by an eye surgeon. Australia Day was the next day. Then, on the Thursday, I showed up for my volunteer work, and found out from my manager that everyone at that store had been diagnosed with covid on the Tuesday. How strange is that?

Well, I haven't had any symptoms. And I'm well, have been since the virus broke out. Seeing I've been staying at home isolating, I've decided to get right into the home office and really begin to clear it out. And I'm thankful I'm doing that. It's a good thing to do it while I can, and while I'm well enough to.


Anyway, I'm off to the doctors this Thursday to get myself looked as my hair isn't growing and it's thinning. I've been eating well, and sleeping as much as I can. But nothing I do is working as it should. So, we'll see what goes on after this. As for the eye surgeon? Well, I had been sent to him because my optometrist was worried I had pale optic nerves...and the eye surgeon was happy to tell me that I have the biggest optic nerves he's seen. They're twice the size of normal people... how weird is that?  Until my next post, take care, stay safe and well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment