Tuesday, October 6, 2009

It's My Party!

Yesterday was my birthday and I had a great day! Normally, it's a pretty quiet kind of occasion and I'm a little disappointed about how the day turns out; mainly because I have to entertain myself. But not yesterday.
Mum came around to my place with a large purple basket full of parcels from all over the world - mainly from my Bookcrossing friends who she had asked to help out celebrate my day; seeing I had organised a Love Bomb
for hers. It was a lot of fun doing hers because I could easily get people together for it; however they didn't know her as well as they knew me. And boy! Did I receive some parcels! There were around 17 parcels all up! And would you believe it, there's more to come because some people were late in getting theirs out??? Wow! I really didn't know that I was that popular on Bookcrossing. I thought I was just another member who read a lot of books and hosted plenty of fun competitions and bookboxes and baggies.
I had fun yesterday morning opening all the parcels one by one; and Mum had a ball photographing me each time I opened one. It was wonderful. Then, I numbered them and photographed all the gifts individually for my 'thank you' blog on blogger. This gave me a chance to thank people on an individual basis all in one place so they can all see what each other gave me and comment on it. It's fairer that way. I've included photos and made sure the colour of the text is matching the present.

The day didn't end there, that night Mum and Dad took me out to Diggers RSL at Logan Central where we had a lovely meal. My pasta was a little undercooked; however, that wasn't anything to worry about, it was a minor detail. Mum and Dad gave me a paper shredder for my birthday and Dad gave me a PINK cd... so cool! Gabe has yet to give me his pressie as he has just returned from Melbourne with Katrina (his girlfriend). So, I'll be hopefully seeing him next weekend; or the next time we get together. What a birthday!

We finally cut the cake and had some of it and enjoyed it with a cup of tea early in the evening. It's been a wonderful birthday and I hope to have more memorable ones just like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment