Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Brisk Winter Days

School holidays are almost over and the days and nights have turned lovely, cool and windy.

I love this time of year because of these days.

I cook so much lovely hot, stodgy food and drink so much hot chocolate it makes me go out and buy another tin of Milo. 

But this Winter, I came down with Laryngitis, causing me to hibernate more than I usually would - and I don't know if that was a good thing or a bad thing. I did get a fair bit of reading and writing done. And a huge painting is a quarter way through; and I watched around 8 movies that I haven't seen in yonks! All in the complete silence of my house. This meant I got pretty darn sick of my own company really darned quick!

So, I started looking at the garden and thinking about what to do with it to make it more private; and once I was better, I started moving things around again. This was great to do - and I hope to do more of it, as I'm hoping to get in and do more planting. I've bought a Ficus and am going to put into a large pot and let it take up the side fence of my garden.

I so do enjoy this time of year. I'm still getting into my craft as it's such a joy to do. I've begun knitting a throw as I have enough yarn to do it now. It's looking good - even though it's just the beginning of it. Well, that's all the news for now. Until my next post, take care, stay safe and remember, I'm always here.

No comments:

Post a Comment