Sunday, September 25, 2016

School Holidays

I seriously don't like school holidays - and I don't know any parent who does. 

All the kids are home all the time and a lot of the times they're bugging everyone who will listen that they're bored! But they don't want to do anything around the house which looks anything like chores, because ... well, that's just boring!

And when you live in a unit/townhouse complex, having kids right outside your house and near your car port makes life that much more stressful.

We're coming into the second week of the Spring Holidays and the kids around here are pushing the parents to breaking point. One of the kids here annoyed the crud out of me and other people last week with her smart mouth, and this week has started off the same way - and this time, she's bullying the younger kids, then telling the adults off as well.

Before we condemn this child though, I have to tell you about her background. She comes from a broken family. Her Dad is a nice guy. He's trying his best to bring her up in a good, stable home, with lots of love and compassion and strict house rules at the same time... but her Mum is where her attitude comes from, and her smart mouth. A few months with her Mum and all his love and hard work is all undone. And this is where he wishes he could have her all the time; and sort her out properly.

Today, I talked to him about how much she lies and smart-mouths people. He ended up going and talking to her and she lied to him again, at which point he asked her the question of why would I lie to him about what she was saying and her attitude (as I told him that I would never make anything up about her, and what I was telling him was the truth - he believe me as he's had complaints about her before). So, this afternoon, he made sure to keep a close eye on her - closer than he did last week - and she behaved herself. But she only behaves when he's around; and he knows this.

It's such a pity that there's kids who don't have the love of both parents; when one parent is trying so hard to do the right thing. This is the one time I really don't like living in townhouse complexes... and it'd be better for me to live in a real house away from others.

No comments:

Post a Comment