Sunday, November 22, 2009

Logan Art Gallery Christmas Party 2009

Wow! What a day I've had. Mum and I went on the Logan Art Gallery's Christmas Party for 2009. We had to be at the Logan Art Gallery by 8:45am today and in time for the bus to leave at 9am. After the bus arrived and we were ticked off on the clipboard, it was time to take off to the Redland Bay Markets.
It took around twenty minutes to get there and the traffic was pretty good as the bus was full of chatter and laughter from all of us talking. Soon enough, we were all at the Bay amongst the beautiful sea breezes and wonderful sunshine. The markets were full of people, arts and crafts, food and bargains. But before I even set foot in them, I found myself in a bookstore perusing its shelves; and I found a wonderful copy of Stephen King's 'The Dark Half' in German for $2.50! What a great find! Then, I went off into the throng of the markets and found myself five beautiful little coin purses to add to my collection; all of them different from each other. I'm so proud to know there is such variety out there of these darling and beautiful things out there for me to collect and use!

We couldn't stick around the markets too long, though as we had to meet up at the Redland Bay Art Gallery for an opening. And while there, we heard a Double-Base player sooth us with somber music that hummed throughout the whole place, setting the mood for the whole exhibition. And after the announcements and opening, there was wine and sushi to eat. But I didn't have too much as we were going to have lunch soon.
Around 45 minutes later, we were back on the bus and heading out to Cleveland to the 'Grand View Hotel' for a wonderful lunch at the 'Emu Point Restaurant'. There were half-inch thick steaks and veggies for the meat-eaters and a delicate and mouth-watering pasta for the vegetarians! And I didn't leave a single drop of sauce on the plate! For dessert, we had a gluten-free almond marble cake with chopped strawberries and a drizzling of custard... what lunch!!! And to keep things bopping, there was a great three-piece band playing there too. We had a great time listening to them too.

Too soon, though, our pressies were handed out and it was time to be back on the bus to come back to the Gallery. We all agreed on one thing: we had a great time! Until next year's Christmas Party with the Logan Art Gallery, Merry Christmas to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment