Friday, November 27, 2009

Lucky Day Wednesday!

Wednesday was a very lucky day! Really it was. It was the type of day I didn't want to end; yet it did. And it started out like any other day: full of worries and nervousness.
But that changed from the moment I walked into the post office and handed over the collection card. I was handed a parcel from Triple M radio here in Brisbane. On opening, I found I had won two cds! One was Powderfinger's 'Golden Rule' and Bon Jovi's 'The Circle' ... very cool! I was planning on buying Bon Jovi's cd for myself for Christmas; and for this to come in the mail was something I just found was fate, pure and simple! I left the post office in time to catch the next bus to do my shopping. I scored a sweet leather backpack for $12 at Life Line (which I'll waterproof soon). Then, I paid off my last Christian Slater dvd just in time to get my Christmas shopping done next week! So, I don't have to have any laybys planned until next year! That was just great planning. Then, I dropped off my present for the K-Mart Wishing Tree... what a great charity that is. I gave a gift for a 5-year-old girl of an activity and puzzle book, notebook with pony on the front, colouring-in pencils and a 'Make Your Own Magnets' set. Very cool and will keep her busy on the Big Day.
After leaving K-Mart, I found that everything in each shop was either on sale or half-price. So, I came in well under budget; even with the cab fare. And speaking of which, I didn't have to wait for a cab; it was waiting for somebody to come out. The day continued to go on like this until I turned on the television that night and found thing was worthwhile watching. I forgot that a whole lot of shows were finishing up... so I decided it was time to clean up my kitchen before Christmas.

Yep, nothing like a good day to put you in good spirits! Now, next Friday is my Christmas Shopping Day... the day where I go out and buy up big for all my family members. It takes one day and then that's it! I don't shop again until the Big Day gets closer.

No comments:

Post a Comment