Sunday, March 22, 2015

Big Weekend! Lots of Rain!

I had a really big weekend... well, okay, not today so much, but yesterday was really full.  It was one of those days where it started and didn't really end until I finally went to bed and turned out the light and my brain also switched off the lights too... yeah, one of those days.

I was up nice and early, ate breakfast and just chilled out for the morning.  I didn't want to be stressing out about the day - as it was a market day at Murarrie, and we were in for a big storm.  So with the car packed the day before, and locked up, I wasn't stressing about how late I was leaving it.

But I did need a raincoat in case I was caught unawares unpacking or packing up.  So, I dropped by Mum and Dad's an scored myself a Bunnings poncho... very cool, and huge on me.  And because it was in its own little case, I just tossed it into the stores box and kept on driving; making it to the Murarrie Progress Hall an hour ahead of schedule.  But there was method in my madness... I needed paperclips and the newsagents around the corner was open.  I went and bought them and within minutes of me doing that, it closed.

Well, I was set up an hour and half before I usually was, and so I sat down and did some knitting... yeah, I knew it was probably going to be a slow market day  and brought along something to do.

However, it wasn't.

Despite the storm which brought a huge amount of rain, wind, thunder and lightning to Brisbane and the surrounding areas, there were plenty of people who braved the rain afterwards to see what we had on offer. 

Unfortunately, the problem was that the outside stalls fell through and nobody was outside - not even food vendors - and that meant nobody could buy food that day.  We had nothing to eat for lunch or dinner.  

Well, 6pm came and I had taken around $30 and packed up in the dark and rain (but not so bad I needed the poncho).  I found out I won the best dressed stall and before I knew it, I was off to Mum and Dad's place, where I was just in time for dinner!  Gabe, Kat and Riley were there, so was Jay and Grand-dog and Riley's puppy, Caspian, who is only a year old.  We had a great time after dinner playing Banana-Peel (a game based on scrabble) while I waited for the rain to back off so I could take off home.  

I got home around 9:30pm and I left the car alone to be unpacked today - which I did before Geoff and his little daughter, Zoe arrived for morning tea.  Well, we gave her pancakes and bananas for lunch before Zoe needed a nap on the way home.  It was a cool morning and - before I knew it - it was raining again.  I had unpacked the car, had visitors, built a very cool terrarium and washed up about half the gear in the kitchen then watched at bit of television while I knitted a dishcloth.  

Well, that was my weekend... it's been raining, so that's why I haven't been outside in the garden much.  Until my next post, take care, stay safe and remember, I'm always here.

1 comment:

  1. Apparently Brisbane had more rain then Mackay did this year.
    Mother Nature is sure at her best with wild weather, earthquakes and volcanoes happening throughout the world.