Thursday, November 5, 2015

Everything Happening At Once!

Man, I wonder sometimes what I did in a past life to have everything happen all at once... you know what I mean? 

Well, I had two doctor's appointments one day after another - and they were two specialists, which cost a huge amount of money too! One of them gave me good news, while the other said, 'Yes, those sun cancers will have to come out of your arms... see you in three weeks at Sunnybank Private at 6:30am.'

Then, while I was at the Wesley Hospital, I bought some Epilum from the chemist there - and it was the home brand stuff; which I was usually okay with. However, within three or four days, I was anything but okay. I had the sweats, had little to no appetite, was extremely thirsty and couldn't sleep; in other words: I was going through withdrawal on a major scale and had allergic reactions left and right as my skin began to crawl and itch all the time. So, on Melbourne Cup Day, I took off to my nearest chemist and tried to trade my home brand pills with some 'real' Epilum - without success; I had to take it back to the chemist I bought it from. Bummer... oh well, they understood and let me buy some more of the 'real' Epilum this time.

Anyway, later on in the morning, I drove to Mum and Dad's place because I still wasn't feeling great (and I couldn't take my next dose of medications until later that day), when on the way there, my car started stuffing up at the lights. It was missing and grumbling all the way there! Damn! So, I told Dad and we went for a drive... just when I wanted to sit down and do nothing but watch the Big Race #7 that day... no, Dad was focused on getting my car looked at all day. He had me running around the place, up and down the stairs and driving around Slacks Creek looking at mechanics to see what we could do with my little car... most of the stuff we talked about didn't stick with me, it just went straight over my head because of how horrible I felt. I don't think Dad believed me that I felt sick... just because I wasn't blowing chunks didn't mean I wasn't feeling disgusting.

Anyway, yesterday, I was at Moss Street at 8:10am after shoveling down breakfast, after a shower and after emptying out my car of anything important... Dad had found a place he had taken my late Uncle's cars to get looked at before we sold them, and he wanted me to meet him there at 8:10am... I was there before he was, the guy was great. He asked what happened and when he heard what year my car was, he knew exactly what was going on - and said he'd look at it for us.

Today, I got to pick up my Little Green Machine and she was purring along just wonderfully! I thanked Mum for loaning me her car for a day and a bit and we went our separate ways. I also had bought some lovely bananas for her and Aussie Garlic at the Rochedale Fruit'n'Veggie Market as well just so she didn't have to go to the trouble of looking for it.

What a week, right? I'm feeling so much better - but I'm stuck with medication I don't have a use for and I don't know what to do with. I might hand it over to my local doctors' and see if they can use it; seeing I can't. Well, until my next post, take care, stay safe and remember, I'm always here.

No comments:

Post a Comment