Thursday, August 23, 2018

A Busy Month!

It's been a busy month; and I haven't been in here as much as I thought I'd be. But I got a lot of things done.

The garden is coming to the end of its huge, pricey and fun facelift - now all I need to do is grow a nice new, lush lawn and get the literary characters and art theme going and I'll have the garden I've been wanting for a few years. That will take a little time, hard work and funny times with Dad... I do have the paint, just don't have the know-how.

At the beginning of the month, I joined the local, Logan City Council-run gym. Well, okay, I did a trial run of it, got assessed by the trainer there and she has set me up with a great program to get me fighting fit by Summer - and I do enjoy going. It not only gets me out of the house in the mornings, but it's making look at what foods I'm eating and I'm sleeping so much better at night too! And my stress levels are lowering too.

Then, my decluttering is working out as well! I sorted out a huge lot of crap from the home office, and tossed out 3 rubbish bags of paper, shredded a whole lot of stuff at Mum and Dad's place and sorted out what was shredable and what wasn't there too! Strangely enough, putting stuff through a shredding is kinda soothing - I know that sounds weird, but it does! 

Anyway, I'm knitting away some more dish cloths - as people online are enjoying the fact they're so pretty and I've sold some in the past month too! So, I thought it'd be a good idea to keep going with them... after all, they're cotton, and they'll break down in landfill. 

So, that's my month. We here at the unit complex have had some ups and downs. There's been an ice addict who caused a lot of people to move out, and then he's moving out. My next door neighbours are moving out next week - and going to miss them terribly; as Vanessa and Matt have become such great friends to me. I hope to not lose contact with them; no matter where they live. But isn't that always the way? You find a great set of neighbours and they move too soon... oh well, can't have your cake and eat it too. Until my next post, take care, stay safe and remember, I'm always here.

No comments:

Post a Comment