Sunday, September 20, 2009

Busy As A Bee!


Spring in my family is such a busy time. We have birthdays and wedding anniversaries left and right over mid-September and right through October and into November... it's amazing and very expensive. But it's a lot of fun too! There's Mum's, a few cousins, then Mum and Dad's Wedding Anniversary, my birthday, my Uncle's birthday, my brother's birthday, my niece's and then my Aunt's and my late-Grandmother's birthday... phew! That's a lot to remember! We enjoy having our outings at this time of year, though. Seeing it's becoming warmer at this time of year and in this part of the world, it's the perfect time to get out and be social.
Last Friday being Mum's special day, I went over to her placed to celebrate with her.
I had begun organising this in February on Bookcrossing.com. And it's a great website. This is a site where you can trade books, set them free, be a part of bookrings, bookrays, competitions and other fun things and still make a lot of friends while sharing the joy of reading. I've been with them for almost five years now, and don't have any intention of leaving - it's just too much fun! Anyway, I arrived on Friday and set up the tripod, the basket and put the kettle on while Mum got herself ready for her day of receiving gifts. And what a surprise she got when she opened her basket to find that there were a lot of parcels in it for her. It was so much fun to watch her open her presents and then I photographed as she enjoyed them and read the cards. It was an absolute joy to see she was happy. She said that she felt like a kid again.
We went out to lunch after it was over and then walked around the shops and went back to her place where she was on the phone for long enough for me to upload the photos onto an album I had established on photobucket.com. By the time she had finished her phone call, I called her in and she sat an looked at the album; and told me that it was the most wonderful thing that it was up on the net already
for all her friends to see.
So, there you have it... one birthday down and about half a dozen to go. It's a lot but it's fun for us to celebrate! Some of us don't like our birthdays; however, I love mine. So, next month, I'll be happy as anything to get in here when my birthday rolls around and let you know what I received and what I did for that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment