Monday, September 7, 2009

Father's Day (Southern Hemisphere)


Well, yesterday was Father's Day and my family got together for lunch at Mum and Dad's house. It was a typical Sunday where, presents were exchanged. I gave my brother and Dad the same thing; a very nice tyre gauge that measures motorcycles, trailers, bicycles, RV's and cars. Then, I hung out with my niece while she tried to draw a cat. however she found it harder than she though and so I grabbed a picture off the net for her. When she looked at it, she rubbed out the face of the cat and began drawing a horse. Meanwhile, my older brother played the guitar to a c.d. of rhythm and blues and he sounded fantastic! It was then, Mum and Dad began dancing to it and I got out my camera for some cool shots.
Then came lunch. We had the food all set out on the table and helped ourselves. It was wonderful and delicious and we all raised our glasses in a toast to Dads here and a
bsent. For dessert, there was stewed apples with Magnum ice cream and strawberry and chocolate topping... which Mum told us all was really runny but forgot about it herself.
After pots of tea were made, the board games came out and my brother decided to have a snooze on the floor of the lounge room while we decided to play 'Pictionary'. An hour and half later, Mum, Dad and Riley won over Katrina and me; but it was close (truthfully, we forgot that they were supposed to win and kept drawing pictures! It was a scream!).

My brother got up and said we were a noisy lot and started to get ready to get his daughter home to her Mum.
Father's day was drawing to a close as they left in the Kombi Van, taking
Jay the Dog with them, and I fiddled on the net while Mum looked through some photographs in a box for her birthday party and Dad worked hard in the garden until the sun went down. Yep, it was another Father's Day finished for 2009.

So, how did you all spend Father's Day? Was it with loved ones? Visiting their resting place or hanging out at his favourite fishing spot for the day?

1 comment: