Thursday, May 26, 2016

A Busy Week - With One Day to Go

I've been non-stop on the go this week. Since Monday, I've been out every day - even today, the day I promised myself that I'd stay home and chill out and do nothing; not even housework.

Yep, Monday was the day I attended my craft group. And I'm glad I went to it. My 'Aunt Pittypat's Cream Scones' vanished faster than they did last week (within around 10 minutes instead of 20) and the lady I gave the recipe to didn't get any scones at all. And the freshly whipped cream went down a treat too! 
Tuesday had me tracking all over the southside of Brisbane looking for the perfect dress to wear tomorrow night to the 'Allsorts Art Exhibition'. I looked absolutely everywhere in the way of charity stores. As most of you know, I don't shop retail when it comes to clothes, as I find they're too expensive and I really like retro styles. So, I looked around Life Line at Woodridge, The Salvation Army at Eight Mile Plains and then, finally, I jumped onto the highway and drove to Stones Corner, parked the car and took a walk around the place to find that all the one-off stores had vanished. Yes, I haven't been to this place in yonks and so I found the Vinnies there and found three gorgeously retro dresses that I loved and tried them all on! And they fitted! I bought them - and they only came to $28 all up; giving me enough money to buy lunch at a cafe down the road... a rarity for me to do. I returned home by around 2pm. What a day!
Wednesday I was out again at my folks' house to show Mum the dresses and figure out which one I'd wear to the opening tomorrow. She helped me a lot and told me that the really long one needed taking up a little - and it looked gorgeous for an afternoon bbq or something to wear on holidays. I was home in enough time to have a nice pasta dinner and an early night.
Today, I didn't want to go anywhere. I washed my hair and put out some rubbish, washed up a little, and burned some cds for the car. Then I received a text from My Optometrist telling me that my new glasses were waiting for me - yay! I got myself ready and jumped in the car to get there. They were just perfect; I loved them! But these retro frames were too big for anything they had in the way of glasses containers... nothing could take them! That really bugged me as I found some nice cases that suited the glasses but they were too wide! Finally, after looking around, the ladies found they had to give me a larger case. No worries, I'll make myself a bigger case for my glasses. 

Well, it's starting to rain... yes, rain... here. The night is a little on the warmer side because of the cloud cover. But it's supposed to be cooler tomorrow night. I can't wait until I have to  get ready. But I'll be setting my hair in hot curlers in the early afternoon. Until my next post, take care, stay safe and remember, I'm always here.

No comments:

Post a Comment