Saturday, August 18, 2012

Early-Riser

I've had trouble sleeping lately, but then I always have problems sleeping at this time of the year.  It's the seasons changing that does this to me.  So, when I wake up in the morning and find I can't get back to sleep, I don't fight the urge to get up and about.  I just get up and start my day at around 7am or so.  And this morning, I had to be up at this time anyway because our complex was being inspected by the termite people at the early hours of 8am onward.  This gave me a good reason to get myself into doing my morning chores around the place before they arrived to my townhouse.
The recyclables were put in the big bin up the back of the complex, the rubbish put out, the pets were fed, Little Miss Stevie's cage was changed out with new newspaper, I washed up everything - except the pots on the stove - and then did the hand-washing and hung it out.  Breakfast was next.  I made porridge and had a piece of toast with some tomato on it with salt and pepper with my vitamins.  By then, it was around 10am or so and the termite guys had arrived and I was online.  They were the same people from last year and the older guy remembered me.  After the inspection, he said it all looked good and they left.  

Since then, I've been on Facebook and uploaded a photo or two and taken a couple of phone calls.  The winds have picked up.  I had to plug in the stereo and television again from last night when I came downstairs this morning as there as a big storm not too far away at around 11pm.  So, I unplugged it all to be on the safe side.
I still have a few things to get done around here to make my place look and feel good for Spring.  There's still a lot of cleaning out and I have to look into cleaning out my wardrobe again to call in the New Year.  I'm also beginning to work on Christmas gifts now as the next few months will zip by so quickly that I'll end up forgetting to shop - and I know it!

For the rest of the day, I might get in and do some serious reading or painting.  It depends how much I want to be stuck sitting by the cold back door with a draft (no matter how well-dressed I am, I still get cold there).  I'll see how my day goes.  Then again, my kitchen table still needs a look into as I'm only halfway through it with the clutter on it.  Well, until my next post, take care, keep safe and warm and remember, I'm always here.

No comments:

Post a Comment