Wednesday, June 3, 2009

The Hibernation of the Winter Months

Yep, June is here; as is Winter. But it's not a sudden thing, this cold has been slowly creeping up on us for about two months and now it's here, I love it! Yes, I love the colder months of Winter where we rug up, eat stodgier foods and drink hot totties before bed. However, this Winter, we're in for colder weather and a lot more rain. So, when I normally read outside, I'll be reading more inside - hey, I can live with that! I'll probably be writing more books too because I'll be stuck inside my home with 'nothing to do'... hehe... for somebody who doesn't watch daytime television, there's always plenty to do. And there are days where I do take off in the wet.

However, I love the hibernation of the Winter months. They cause us to break out the slow cooker and make popcorn when we watch the dvds on the wet weekends. We tend to talk more to our families because weekend sport has been called off for the kids. Life takes on a whole new aspect all because it's too cold to go outside. For some people, it's the best time to go out. Like for me. I love going out on a nice crisp day in Winter; so long I dress warmly and keep dry, I'll be fine. I guess it's the Scottish blood, or the Irish, or the Viking blood in me... take your pick, it's all there - and it's all good!


I read more during Winter too. Seeing I zoomed through fourteen books since the beginning of the year; well, I'll be getting through a lot more in the next few months all beause it's colder. Who needs the movies when a book is just as good! And with the LifeLine Bookfest coming up this weekend, I'm heading on in there rain, hail or shine to pick up a few bargains. I'll be there with my blue trolley, dressed warmly with my wishlist in hand... no probs. That'll be me there.

Afterwards, I may yet take a nice break to the Brisbane Art Gallery and look at the American Art that I saw an advert for a few months back. I mean, why not? Kill two birds with one stone? It's not too far away and on the same side of the river. May as well.


Well, it's overcast again and sound like it's going to rain again. The temperature has dropped and the birds have begun to go nuts outside (thus the reason why I said 'it sounds like' when I talked about the rain, they always do when it's about to or just after). As much as I love it when it does rain, I have to make sure I do laundry in small lots because I don't really have an undercover place to put it; and I hate using my dryer as it's so old I always have the feeling it's going to burn out, so I don't use it. I must be going. Things to do, people to meet and other blogs to write and keep updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment