Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Cold Snap

This week has been so very cold for Brisbane.  I've been not wanting to get out of bed once I'm in it.  And Little Miss Stevie hasn't been wanting her covers off her for the last few days either (personally, I don't blame her), and so I've left them on her cage to keep her warm and toasty.
Along with the cold, it's been overcast and dreary.  So, I've been getting all rugged up in my art gear and working on my current lot of paintings.  The first one to kick off this lot of paintings was my self-portrait.  Now, I'm working on a larger one of flowers.  It looks good now I've painted the background black; makes the flowers really pop.
Today, though, I was out and about doing the fortnightly shopping.  It was freezing while I was outside in the cool, but I began sweating once I was indoors.  It was good day though.  I bought everything I wanted to buy; and a few little luxuries too.  They were things like an extra-large ball of tri-coloured wool for a few more scarves this year and an extra tub of Western Star Spreadable butter on special; that's all.  Otherwise, I kept myself warm and didn't have to wait at all for a taxi; he dropped somebody off and asked if I needed one.  How good was that?  It must have been just too cold for anyone to go shopping; or everyone was sick (as I heard more than a few people with a bad cough around the places).
When I got home, I found that I had left Little Miss Stevie's cage door open!  I was shocked she wasn't flying around the house acting up!  Instead, she was sitting on her swing staring at the open cage door as though it was wrong to step outside it.  I didn't even know I had left it open, and so was so proud of her for staying inside for the three hours I was gone!  I had a bad feeling that I had forgotten something; but I just didn't know what.  And when I arrived home, it was this that I had forgotten.  I hate it when that happens in life.
Well, just for that, I gave my little bird a nice piece of Baby Spinach and she loved it!  She was so pleased  that she ran around the cage and sang to me while I unpacked the rest of the groceries.  I had even bought her another piece of flannel to keep out the cold for Winter.  She didn't seem to fussed about it, but it'll save me using up towels on her cage in the future; that's for sure.
Well, I gotta go.  It's beginning to get really cold again; so I have to close the house up and get changed into my warmer Winter Woolies for tonight.  Until my next post, take care, keep warm and remember, I'm always here.

No comments:

Post a Comment