Thursday, June 2, 2011

Wine-Tasting and Free Mugs

Today was a busy one; and so I was up bright and early with a shower, breakfast, feeding Little Miss Stevie and off to the Logan Art Gallery to work.  However, it was a very quiet morning.  I worked with a new volunteer, Lori, who keeps getting called in to work at Target and she is always tired.  Well, we had only one person come in and look at the works and a meeting in the workshops that went all day.
Once home, I cleaned up the house, washed up, swept the floors and put everything away in preparations for a man to come from the Pieroth Wines
company to show me some wines.  How this came about is easy.  I filled out a survey that showed up in my PO Box about two weeks ago and posted it off.  And then I got a phone call last week asking when I'd be free to try out their very exclusive wines; and thrown in to the deal would be a four-pack of coffee mugs.  And they're nice mugs too!  So, I set the day and time and I even made up a nice cheese and fruit platter for them to munch on (which they didn't touch; but that doesn't matter).  
When they arrived, we chatted about what kind of booze I'd drunk in my life, when I last had something to drink and if my Epilepsy would be affected by any vino.  And I said that I mainly purchase wine as a gift for people; and I don't drink it much at all.  But I don't mind wine tastings as you really don't drink it, it's your sense of smell that tells you if it's worthwhile.  Tasting it shouldn't be anything but a coating on your tongue and that's it; just enough to get an idea of what it's like.
So, they showed me three wines.  One was a light, dry one.  It was quite lovely.  The second one tasted very much like vinegar to me.  But the third one had a bit of body to it - but not too much - and was quite fruity.  In between trying them out, I ate some pear to clean my palate, and prepare it for the next one.  It was a lovely hour of trying out wines; however, I just couldn't afford to purchase any at this time, and they understood this.  It's always nice to have something like this to break up my week; at least I know there's other great things out there.
And while these people were here, Little Miss Stevie was at her best.  She didn't show off or anything.  She just sat on her swing and snoozed until they left... and then she became the big show-off and blew kisses at me.  I guess she really is a one human budgie after all.

Well, tomorrow, I'm out again for a few hours.  I'll be heading over to Mum and Dad's house to check on it; to make sure it's okay and to throw out the papers and pick up anything that needs picking up off the front verandah.  Until my next post, take care, keep warm and remember, I'm always here.

No comments:

Post a Comment