Thursday, July 17, 2014

Afternoon Tea With Mum

Once in a while, Mum and I have afternoon tea together at my place.  It's nice to sit down, drink plunger coffee and eat sinful food from the local Springwood Bakery and just natter about everything in our lives.
You see, I don't have any sisters, so my Mum is the closest person in my life to be a sister.  In recent years, she and I have become closer and I don't want to lose that connection - so having afternoon tea, and sometimes dinner together - is the one thing that keeps us connected and talking together.

My house was clean, tidy and organised - not as usual, but better than it has been in a while.  I had pushed the lounge up against the piano to make more space and moved the coffee table into the middle of the room.  This makes the lounge room look bigger and makes it easier for everyone to get around.  I hadn't considered this until I did this one day while cleaning and found it did look better... so I did this today and it looked great.

Mum loved the terrarium and how it looks.  She said it's surviving well, seeing it's been working for over 3 months.  She and I drank some coffee, ate apple turnover with fresh cream and talked and laughed, then I took her upstairs to show her the hall table and my newly organised home office.  
You see, I had borrowed the money from her to buy the hall table and am currently paying her back.  She looked at it and loved it!  She reckons it's money well-spent!  Then, she looked around the rest of the place and said I was getting my shit together... so nice when my efforts to clean up goes noticed by family.  

I still do have a long way to go, but at least it's getting there; and Mum knows I'm doing well.  She said that the Glory Box will make a great difference to how I store things too.  Well, until my next post, take care, stay safe and remember, I'm always here.

No comments:

Post a Comment