Thursday, July 9, 2015

GPS Run-Around

Today started out innocently enough.  I had a nice breakfast, got myself ready and looked at what I needed to get done, then got in the car and was off to Carindale Westfield to pay part of a layby off at Rockaway's Music and look around for the QBD there to see what they had in the way of complex colouring-in books... 

Simple right?

Sure! 

Well, I got a little paid on the layby, found the QBD and found a Suncorp there too... then I found my way back to the car without getting lost!

Yay! I was very impressed with myself for that!

Then, I thought it would be good to find my way to the new market place at Bulimba and punched in the address into the GPS... which wouldn't  co-operate. Firstly it didn't like the fact that there was a 1 Stuart Street... it needed a number between 8 and 20 to start with. So, I punched in 8 and was on my way.

Well, this thing took me around the Cook's Tour of Bulimba and Hawthorne! I had never not wanted to see so much of Brisbane in all my life! 

I ended up going over the Storey Bridge twice and found myself in Fortitude Valley once where it turned me around so much I had no idea where I was... this pissed me off until I looked around on the second turn of the Bridge and found myself on the Riverside Drive at Kangaroo Point - exactly where I wanted to be!

This was really ticking me off that I had taken a long way around to get home from the place I was going to be at in three weeks' time... I just hope I can get home at a better length of time than it took me (which was 40 minutes - not counting the amount of time it took for me to get there!). 

I got home about fort-five minutes ago, was hanging out for a coffee and still hadn't paid two of my bills - not that I wanted to (and they can wait until tomorrow). Then, I had to find out when I was working at the Gallery too... which happens to be this Saturday!
Woah... this Saturday, I'm at a workshop in the morning, volunteering in the afternoon and then, I'm off to a birthday dinner of my brother's girlfriend's in that evening! What a day! 

It's only Thursday... I think I'll stay home tomorrow, pay my bills, chill out with a book and do nothing. Yeah, that sounds like a good plan.  Until my next post, take care, stay safe and remember, I'm always here.


No comments:

Post a Comment