Saturday, March 27, 2010

March Is Something Different!

Wow, another month is over and I've been busy; but you wouldn't know it.  Unlike last month, I haven't been busily cleaning... no this month, I've gone out and stayed in equally.

At the beginning of the month, we had a lot of rain and I did my volunteer work at the Logan Art Gallery on my own.  So, I got a lot of reading done there of a couple of books; but three-quarters through 'Under The Dome', I put it down.  It just got too much with all the detailed description about every single person's lives and how bad each personality was and who was bad and who was worse.  Ugh!  Just get on with the story please.
But as the rain fell - as did the temperature - I found that a few fungi grew in my garden; mainly in the pots.  And once you get those in your soil, they don't go away.  But they can look just gorgeous!  So, I took an absolutely wonderful photo while juggling my umbrella and my digital camera and uploaded it onto 365project; and did I get some great comments!

On 8th, March, a few friends and I went to the Globe Theatre in Fortitude Valley to see 'Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders From Mars'... but I didn't make it all the way through.  So, one of my wonderful friends took me to see a great photographic exhibition at The Powerhouse Museum where I took some gorgeous shots of the rose gardens and the outsider art and the flood markers.  Very cool.  Once the movie was over, we made tracks to Taringa and had the most delicious dinner I had ever eaten!  And mine cost a little over $10!  Not bad if you ask me.
By Tuesday that week, I had won a trip to Mooloolaba for two to stay at Mantra on the beach!  So, I chose to take Mum with me... and she's thrilled to come.  Now, all we have to do is pick a date when Dad's around to feed and care for my little bird for a few days.  I can't wait to go.  I'll blog about that too!

Then, yesterday was Purple Shirt Day for Epilepsy.  This is an official day to bring about awareness to the public about this somewhat invisible - but horrible - condition that afflicts people with minor and major seizures.  Seeing I'm a sufferer of this degenerative condition, I felt strongly enough to let people know about it on Bookcrossing and 365 Project as well.  But we made it more fun on the latter and turned it into a theme day getting people to wear purple shirts and outfits and get a photo of themselves dressed that way.  Well!  The reaction was fantastic!  So far, we've gotten more than what we expected in photos showing up under the tag 'Purple_Shirt_Day' and there's more to come as the weekend keeps going.  

So, that's my Do Something Different this month.  It doesn't seem much, but for me was.  Stick around and find out what I do that's different for me next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment