Wednesday, March 17, 2010

St Paddy's Day!

Being part Irish, I really don't have to dress up for this day; seeing I have the red hair and all to set off the day. But I do, and I love wearing a green broach or a green jacket; and today, I wore my Celtic Cross ear-rings as well. And it being a shopping day, I was ready to take off into the lovely day with my blue shopping trolley and handbag; when I closed the front door, locked it, turned around and the heavens opened up! I stood there and thought of one line from 'Jaws' that everyone says when something like this comes up: "We're gonna need a bigger boat". In my case, I needed a bigger umbrella! So, I unlocked the door, and swapped my small umbrella for my big one and - once I locked up again - walked off towards the post office.
After posting off two items, I headed off to the bus stop and it arrived within 10 minutes. My day was going okay. I ran into a friend at Woolworths in the vegetable section and we chatted for a few minutes; and another lady (Robin) showed up too, who was helping my friend with her shopping. It was so good to catch up with them both at the same time. Also there were some school kids from Woodridge Primary School all learning how to read price tags and items on the shelves with the teachers. It's a good idea to do that so they can teach their parents. Before Woolworths, I had picked up some lovely coin purses and wallets from Life Line. I was so chuffed to find them; after around a month or so not finding a single one in their boxes, I finally found some wallets worth photographing and enjoying the use of.
Once I walked to Logan Central Plaza, I dropped in True Hardware to pick up some PVC glue for my collages (more this time as I'm going to be doing a bigger one) and had the help from one of the guys there who was lovely. He angled me towards the bigger ones that were cheaper but not of a name brand; yet were just as good. I grabbed a $7.95 container of it. It ought to last me a few collages. Then, I went to 'Woodys' and paid $10 off a layby; but ended up getting 'The Rocky Horror Picture Show' off layby instead... what a great movie! I love it! Tim Curry in those sexy outfits is just brilliant!
I did the rest of my shopping pretty quickly; purchasing bird seed on the way through and seeing the most gorgeous gray budgie in the cages at the pet shop. Coles was my next stop and I bought exactly what was on my list - well okay, I bought liquid paper, I needed it! - and then I jumped in a cab and came home. On arriving, the cab driver and I found the car gate to my unit complex wasn't working... and we were locked out! OMG!!! I had my trolley and five bags of groceries to get up to the back of the complex by myself!!! What a disaster! So, I tried calling Mum and there was no answer on either the home phone or the mobile. Then, I saw a neighbour come out and asked them to help me (this was after I organised the groceries into three bags; but they were still too heavy for me to carry on my own!) and the lovely lady did!
Once home, I thanked the lady and Mum returned my phone call. I told her about the gate and she told me to call the Body Corporate and they'd get somebody to fix it. *Sigh!* what a day! I'm exhausted! And now all I want to do is fiddle around on the net here; and that's exactly what I'm going to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment