Friday, February 25, 2011

Friday...

What can I say?  It's the end of another week and I've gotten nowhere with my next door neighbours and their water hammer; them to fix it.  It's been almost a year now and they still think it's my problem and my fault that my house is noisy... weird.
Well, this week, I got in and worked on my portrait; and got somewhere.  It looks pretty good.  I went out on Monday and bought some paint; exchanging some empty tubes for new ones at Riot Art.  Then, I bought some black paint and was set to get into working on it.  While I was at Garden City, I got my hair cut and did a few other things as well as bought two books; the only ones I purchased for the month... so I've been good.  Last month, I only bought two books too!  I'm getting better at buying only what I'll read instead of what looks good; and I'm making sure that's what I do.
Tuesday was a day of sticking around here after a stinking hot day that Monday was... and that day turned into a horrible line of storms that cooled us off for the week; causing us to pull out the blankets and sleep really well.  So, at night, I've had to close up the house a little early because the breezes are turning cooler than they were last week.  Our seasons have changed rapidly here.
We've also had evening showers and so when I wake in the morning, my clothesline is wet and all the plants have rain drops on them.  I've also noticed that I have acquired new neighbours over the back fence in the last week.  There's a father and son team who moved in last week or so and they spent a lot of time cleaning up the back courtyard.  Then the young couple who moved in this week who I only caught a glimpse of last night - and didn't wish to say hi to me, rushing inside before I even got out a 'good evening' was kind of weird.  But I suppose they're okay and quiet.
Today, I went out to the Chiropractors soon after my neighbour decided to stay home after she went out at 6:30am.  After spending most of her morning in absolute silence, she turned on a tap and my place went nuts... with water hammer.  How fortunate (maybe not for Little Miss Stevie because she was stuck with it for the day), I went out after midday.  I caught a bus to Springwood, went to Suncorp - only because their phone banking wasn't working - and got out some money, bought a cheap money box (something I'd need a can opening to open after using it) and then I walked to Mum's house.  Before going to the chiro's I printed out an e-mail for Rockaway's Music Store and took off... then I went.
After getting my treatment, and getting a couple of sponsors for the World's Greatest Shave, I went to Rockaways and spent an hour and half trying to choose a couple of John Farnham vinyls for a die-hard fan of the man... something she wouldn't have in her cd collection.  I got talking to an older man who had travelled from the other side of town to come to the music store.  He and I swapped music and concert stories and he said that it was amazing that I loved music in the exact same way he did and yet I was so young.  I told him that my maths part of my brain didn't work and that my folks pushed me to be able to keep time with music; and it lead me to learn a musical instrument... and now I love music of all kinds; not just rock, not just classical, no just jazz... all kinds.  He reckons that's it with music; it's an international language for everyone. 
Well, I watched 'UP' tonight on dvd and loved it.  Don't know why I didn't watch it at the movies... but I didn't.  I'm so glad I waited until I got the surround sound system though as it sounded amazing!  I could hear every single rock and leave move around the place... very cool!  Well, until my next post, keep well, keep safe and I'll still be here.

No comments:

Post a Comment