Sunday, February 13, 2011

Saturday Get Together

Yesterday, Mum, Dad and I went to Gabe and Kat's place for a family get together.  On the way there, Dad was dropped off at Tony's place to drive a limo to a wedding.  It's an old one and Dad's the best limo driver around to be behind the wheel; as if the engine stops, you don't have any brakes.  A lot of younger drivers don't know this; so this is why Dad's often asked to drive these older cars.
Once Mum and I took all these photos of Tony's cars, we chatted for a while and then took off; trying to figure out where to go to get to Gabe and Kat's house via the refedex.  It took us around half an hour and one wrong turn to get there and it was wonderful once we did.  Riley was there and she and I hung out and had some serious time together.  Then, we had some lunch and Gabe began on the pizzas - all seven of them - for dinner.  He makes the most amazing home made pizzas... they are delicious! 

By the time the yeast had risen and the ingredients had been cut up, Kat's family was all there, and the one-armed bandit had been working well and the space invader machine was getting a good work out by all the kids - young and old.  It was going well.  
We got some cheese and biscuits, chips and other nibblies going and then before long, Dad had called up and it was time to pick him up.  So, seeing Mum was picking him up, Kat said she'd drive Mum there and back.  It was a relief to know that she was with somebody who knew where they were going.  Anyway, they were back in no time and a good lot of the pizzas were done and the vegetarian pizza was almost ready to eat.  
As the night went on, we all talked and chatted, drank and enjoyed the night.  The bon fire got going and the kids cooked their marshmallows around it... some of them losing a few in the heat of the flames.  I had some; and they kids saw how good I was at keeping my double-decker marshmallows lit and charchoaled when I had pulled them out of the fire; and without them melting at the same time (the secret is to keep the stick spinning around so the sugar can't droop!).  I had six marshmallows before being handed a pavlova with fruit!  Yummo!  But then, there were other goodies that were being handed out too; like ice coffee... coffee push with ice cream!  Yummo... very rich and creamy.  
When everyone began to settle from all the excitement, I looked at Gabe and Kat's selection of books.  I love doing this as it tells a lot about the people who live in the house and their personality.  I found a very old The Skateboard Book by Ben Davidson from 1978 in paperback and cook books, motorcycle books and a large variety of gardening books too; as well as travel books.  There were funny books and also books on musicians by musicians.  I loved how many there were of those.  
By around 11pm, we were off to go home; and I got home here at around midnight; where I still had to have a shower and see if I could sleep (which I couldn't) and then I got myself online to look at a few things and once in bed, I found it hard to get to sleep.  Well, that was my Saturday.  Until my next post, take care and I'll always be here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment