Thursday, February 17, 2011

The World's Greatest Shave!

It's that time of the year again!  Yep, it's where you can choose to shave off your hair, beard, leg hairs... or you can colour your hair some wild and weird colour all in the name of a great cause.  The Leukemia Foundation has put out the word for people to volunteer themselves to be sponsored and have themselves shaved or coloured to raise money for blood cancer.  And I've put my name down for it!  
I'm not going to shave my long tresses off, instead I thought to play it safe and colour my hair a wild colour; I just haven't decided which colour yet.  I thought that hot pink might go well, but then, green might a winner too... or even an electric blue!  So, if you're one of my close Aussie friends and haven't received an e-mail about this, let me know about it and I'll forward it to you so you can sponsor me for this great cause.  And don't worry, the colour will only stay in for a day and will wash out completely.  And if you don't want to either, you can wig it for the day; yep, wear a wig!  Or wax hair off some part of you... if you can stand the pain of that.... in any case, it's to change the features of your hair.  And it's fun and to raise money!
I may even make a day of it and put up some photos on Facebook about it or on 365 Project and you'll all be able to have a look at it... or even photobucket as an album.  

So, what do you say?  Have you ever shaved or coloured your hair for this great cause - or any other for that matter?  I've collected money for MS when I was in high school and raffled off tickets for lots of yummy chocolates for the Logan Writers' Guild when we were trying to raise money one time (and we raised over $500 at that time!  It was a great success) and so this is a great cause and I've wanted to take part for some years; and thought that this year better than any other to do so.  If you'd like to take part, just google the title of this post and you'll find all you need to take part; or if you'd like to sponsor me, let me know in your comments.  Thanks guys.  I hope you have a great day... and remember, I'm always here.

No comments:

Post a Comment