Tuesday, September 30, 2014

A Busy Month of Hayfever

This month, hayfever struck me down like you wouldn't believe.  Normally, it doesn't, but this year, it did!  I've never had so much of it since high school; and I hated it - and I still do.

Anyway, I also got a lot done as well, helped celebrated my Mum's 65th birthday, Mum and Dad's 45th Wedding Anniversary and my 41st birthday (the last two on the same day because everyone is going to be busy on the actual day of my birthday).  

I also got myself to the Mama Mia Mini-Markets at Murarrie where I made more money than I have ever made at the Creative Markets at Springwood.  Then, on the way home, I made the tough decision of leaving those first markets I went to try out selling my Crafty Pegs to the public.  It was difficult trying to not come across ungrateful, but in reality, the rent was too high and I didn't sell enough to cover it and make a profit.  
However, I've been offered other markets and I'm taking them on!  So, where one door closes, another two have opened for me.  How cool is that?  And, you know?  I don't mind the distance to drive, I really don't.  I actually enjoy driving my car, it's a pleasure to get behind the wheel and put on the cruise control on the highways and let the car just do its thing when there's not many people on the road.  And even when there is a lot on the road, I have air-conditioning... yeah, thank the Gods for that!

Well, I've been working hard on new products, a new website and I'm saving up for new things around the Crafty Pegs workstation too.  I'm hoping to get myself a whole new workspace.  What I'm planning on getting is a large work bench - a tall one - where I can store all my stores and stock boxes underneath it and have shelves on the wall where I can keep paint, brushes and other things until I need to use them.  Then, have a stool to sit on - and stand up if I need or want to - and it can scoot under the whole bench and keep out of the way.  I'll be getting rid of the bookcase and the green card table will be used at the markets and I'll give Mum and Dad the brown one for the coast (or even give that brown one to Gabe and Kat if they want it).  Well, that's the plan anyway.

In the last week or so, I've done the grocery shopping, checked the tyres on the car, scored some cheap fuel and I also went to Garden City and scored myself a very cool bag at StrandBags with a $30 voucher I got for my birthday from Graham Love... I did had a bit of money to it to pay for the lovely bag I had spotted online and it was mine!  And what a pretty bag it is!  It's a large tote bag made from polyurethane and I paid $39 down from almost $100... now, how cool is that?  I've been using it every day and I love it!  It has so much space and I can fit in my bag organiser in it too.

Well, today is the last day of September.  I've done a few things that have really made my month special.  I've read a book - yay, I did it! - and I wrote a review on My Reading List for it.  Then, I jumped in and did up some of the photo frames (and there's around 8 of them almost ready to be varnished and wrapped - but not yet, I've got some coat hangers I have to get done for the markets yet).  And then, I wrote two chapters of my 'Angel Love' book, and it's really kicking along!  I'm hoping to finish it soon as the plot is starting to really thicken!  I'm hoping it works out well with a bit of arse-kicking from all angles and good vs evil with a bit of winning from all aspects and losing out in just the right places.  But I'm tellin' ya, I'm exhausted... this month is a short one... with my birthday coming up, Halloween, and a new market I'm hoping to make some money at soon too, this new part of my Crafty Pegs hobby business is going to take me in a whole new direction.  It will take time to get all my ducks in the row I want them in, but being the kind of person I am, I'll have the patience to make this work.

And in between all of this, I'll be working on other personal stuff... like my Great-Grandmother's sewing machine.  Yep, it's about time I got my hands on that and worked on it.  Until my next post, take care, stay safe and remember, I'm always here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment