Monday, January 5, 2015

Back Home In Wet Ol' Brisbane

I arrived home yesterday morning at around 11am; however, I didn't post anything because my computer is still out of action - so I'm on my neighbour's computer right now to post this while it's absolutely pouring outside.

Anyway, it was fortunate I did come home yesterday in the horrible heat and sun.  Besides being a little sunburnt, I'm glad I did drive home then because I got so much done yesterday than I would have today.
The first thing I did was get outside and mow my lawn... it was so long, my mower could barely cut it.  I had to clear out the cutters every few minutes it was so heavily long.  And then, I checked on my green house and found it was going well.  The plants in it were still alive and the water inside the soda bottle was still mostly there.  This is something I'll have to look into more and see if I can make it better.

After that, I washed the double bed sheet cover I bought at Whatever in Brunswick Heads and hung it out to dry.  It took only an hour or so to dry because it was so hot and humid and the sun was turned around to the afternoon.  And once I pulled it in, I put it on my bed (as I was planning to do), and found it was for a Queen-sized bed and it looks amazing!  I have photos, but don't have my cable to my camera with me (I'll upload them onto 365Project and link them back to here).  
Then, seeing I had a few things done at home, I looked in the fridge and pantry and found that they were looking quite bare.  So, out to the shops I drove to get some food in the house.  I spent around $100 and came home to fill the house with enough food for the next week.

Once all that was done, I did the unpacking and putting away of things and bags I took to the coast.  By this time it was around 4pm and I wanted to just sit down and veg out in front of the television; so I did.  I ended up having just salad for dinner and making myself a nice pot of green tea and watching a few dvds of 'That 70's Show'... season 4.  

Today, I'm getting my computer back and it's poured rain for a good part of the day.  I got the laundry done (well two loads of it) and hung it up on the large clothes horse in the house, paid two bills, received a Christmas card that sings and have a few other things planned for the day - seeing it's raining.  Well, until my next post - which will be from my computer at my place - take care, stay safe and remember, I'm always here.

No comments:

Post a Comment