Thursday, December 10, 2009

Summer Heat Here At Last!

For the last few weeks, Australia has been sweltering through some of the hottest days; and Summer hadn't officially arrived as yet. And now it has, I dread to find out what is going to be our Summer! Yesterday, I had to go out shopping and was off early. I picked up a parcel from the post office and found when I got home that in it was a box of chocolates! Yep! I had let some gorgeous Belgium Chocolates melt in my trolley for three hours without knowing it in 35 degree Celsius heat! Quickly I took a photo of them for another blog I manage and then toss them in the freezer as fast as I could! Then, in the air conditioned comfort of my office, I sat all afternoon and wrote, read and stuffed around; only going downstairs to see if my little bird was okay and to grab a bottle of water from the fridge.

Yep, yesterday was an absolute stinker! From all weather reports it was almost 40 degrees Celsius out on the Darling Downs and at Ipswich! So, that would make it around 37 degrees here in Logan City! Wow! What a day... and there's January, February (our hottest month of the year) and
March to come yet.
So, my air-conditioner will be getting a nice little work out over the next few months. And all the while, I've got a tub underneath it to collect the water for the potted plants; and to feed the possums at night.
Last night, I heard the possums running around the roof. And this morning, I found Lilly-Pilly leaves in the tub by the door; evidence that those poor little guys are looking for water around the place. So, I'm leaving that tub out for them to drink out of and cool themselves off in, in this heat.

So, if this is our Summer Days, what's Christmas Day going to be like for us? Me? I'll probably be sitting under a fan at my parent's house or in that air-conditioning at my Aunt's house; not wanting to leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment