Sunday, December 27, 2009

We Arrived!

It was late when we left Brisbane on Christmas Night (25th, December) and so Mum, Dad and I arrived here in Brunswick Heads at around 1am Daylight Savings Time. After we quickly unpacked the car, we all went to bed; exhausted!
At around 5:50am, a heavy shower of rain woke me. It was wonderful to hear it on the roof of the annex; but for a moment, I was a little disorientated because I almost forgot where I was...hehe. Well, it seemed that everyone wanted to head to toilets; then we all snoozed until around 8am. Me? I was up at around 7:30am... I couldn't wait to get myself out and about to see the caravan
park. So, grabbing the camera and leaving my folks to sleep in, I took a short walk around in the early morning and took a few nice photos of the place before it rained again about an hour or so later.
I came back from my walk around the front and catching up with a few of the people I knew from years of holidaying here, to find Dad was up and eating breakfast and my little bird (Stevie) was singing in the annex. We decided to try her outside; and she absolutely loved it! So did all the little kids... so she's going to be put outside every day; so long it doesn't rain.

As the day wore on, we all became very tired from the lack of sleep from
the night before; and so Mum and I slowed down. We had a late lunch and I started reading my two books I chose to bring down with me (Under The Dome by Stephen King and Farenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury) and got around thirty pages of each one read!
Dad put his new boat in to the river and I went and had a ride in it. It's a lot quieter than the last boat he had; not to mention more comfortable. He loves his new boat and has been out in it twice a day since we arrived.
Well, by the afternoon, we had some more rain - not much - and read some of our books, had some laughs and caught up a little with everyone. Then, Stevie was let out in the caravan after I made sure the door was locked; and she felt better for it! What a darling little bird I have! She's just been given her Christmas present of a fruit-holder. It a metal holder that skewers fruit and and keeps it off the floor. She still not sure what it is; so we'll have to let her get used to it. For dinner, we had fish and veggies. The fish was flathead and whiting; locally caught fish by Dad. Not too bad and very fresh!

Keep you eyes peeled for my future blogs of my Holidays here at Brunswick Heads.

No comments:

Post a Comment