Tuesday, February 18, 2014

A Mostly Restful Week

This week, I'm hoping to get in and do as little as possible, you know, keep my stress down, sleep as much as I can and eat well... well, we can always make plans, keeping to them is the problem.

On Sunday, I was off to Brighton to see my brother and his girlfriend, Kat.  I used the GPS and followed the directions exactly; and the stupid thing nearly got me lost anyway.  It kept telling me to get in the right hand lane, and then told me to get off the highway - how dumb can you get, right?
Anyway, once there, we had a great day.  My brother helped fix one of my Glo-Mesh handbags, they both looked at my work I was going to sell at the Creative Markets - and ended up buying one of my Itty-Bitty Jugs - and then we decided to go for a swim down at the waterfront. 
Once there, we were almost blown out of the water as it was very windy, and it was also really choppy too, so I didn't stick around in the water long... instead I walked along the beach and picked up shells to bring home (in some places this is illegal, I know, but I don't have a lot of shells in my home, and would like to have a nice little container of them).  We all hung about the house after lunch and coffee.  Kat looked through photos while Gabe and I hung around in hammocks near his work shed for about an hour before I thought it was time to take off home.  I didn't want to be caught in the afternoon traffic on a Sunday afternoon.  What a day!

Yesterday, I had a big morning of running around.  The plans were small-sounding in my head, but once on the road, I found they were big.  
I headed off to Bunnings to get another card table.  This one was for the markets; as packing up my craft table was going to be a shit of thing to do every time.  So, I spent the money and just did what I thought was right.  This card table is only going to be used for the Creative Markets (or any other markets that I'm going to be doing) with my little tresle table and easel.  No fuss, no muss.  I'll just load them all onto the 2 wheel trolly I have and take them into the markets, then the second trip will be for the boxes and then I'd move the car... 
Anyway, after getting the table, I went to Garden City to go to Suncorp.  I had found a cheque from AGL (an energy company which sent me a refund cheque in 2012 and I forgot to cash it).  Anyway, I'm hoping I got it in on time... fingers crossed!  
After that, I went to Riot Stores and found they were having a 'Spend $40 and get $40 free stock' sale... yay!  So, I did.  I bought a collection of things I needed and scored as much as I needed to have in return.  It was great!  
Before long, I was on the road again and back to Springwood, this time to Mum and Dad's place.  They saw what I bought and Mum was impressed.  I made my drink for my Craft Group and then we chatted about what I bought and I opened a portable water pot... this thing folds up to a quarter of its size!  How cool is that?  I love it.  So, I bought two - one for me, one for my niece, Riley.  

This week, I'm hoping to get in and do some cleaning up, washing up, packing the car on Friday or Saturday afternoon.  Then, I'll cook something in the slow cooker for dinner on Sunday.  But then, during the week, I have volunteer work, a chiropractor's appointment and other things to do.  But I'm hoping to get a lot of sleep and eat well so I have the energy to get my butt into the Markets.  I do have those appointments and small outings, but they aren't too stressful.  Anyway, I how is your week shaping up?  Busy, lazy, or just ordinary?  Until my next post, take care, stay safe and remember, I'm always here.

No comments:

Post a Comment