Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Busy, Busy Non-Stop Weekend

This past weekend was one of early mornings, all day work and staying up way, way past my bedtime curfew.  

On Saturday morning, my alarm woke me at 5:30am; not the most wonderful time to get out of bed on a weekend, but then, I had markets to be at by 8:30am all the way over at Murarrie State School.  So, I thought to get up early and be able to take my time, than wake late and rush through my morning routine.

Well, I was on the road by 7:45am on the dot!  I had to go to the bank and plug into the GPS the address and then?  Well, I on my way!

It didn't take me long to get to the school - actually, a shorter length of time than I thought it would, so I thought to slowly set up and then take a walk around the school and photograph the animals and other parts of the place to show off where I was for the day.  
After buying myself some coffee and a cupcake for $5.00 I returned to my stall to find the wind was picking up and it had already tossed over my easel.  Some of the other stall owners had been good enough to pick it up for me and put the magnets back on the sheet of metal.  But the darned thing wouldn't stay.  So, I had to lower it and sit next to it.

For the whole day, other things kept on blowing shut, or falling down.  But I put up with all of that just to make myself a bit of money.  It was good to enjoy the day there; it could have been worse - we could have had rain (then I would have packed up or had to put down plastic to protect my goods).  But then, I found out that some people just packed up and left because of the wind, whereas I didn't.  And you know, it was after midday I made the most of my money and profits; very cool!

Well, by 2pm, the people and crowds left and we were advised that it was okay to pack up if we wanted to.  One of my friends had arrived and he offered to help me pack up; and I didn't say no to that.  Geoff could see how tired I was too.  I drove to Mum and Dad's place and showed them the photos and told them about the day, all the while patting Jay the wonderful doggie... yeah, Gabe and Kat had gotten them to care for her for a few days.

Before long, I was off home, vegging out in front of the television munching on a snack.  I didn't want to be eating anything too heavy before crawling under the covers of my bed at around 10pm.  

Sunday was my brother's 43rd birthday.  He had had a costume party the night before... a very cool alien costume party; which was fun for everyone.  And so, I missed out due to being exhausted and Mum and Dad went to see Ahn Doh at the Logan Entertainment Centre.  They totally enjoyed themselves... it was great. 
Well, I spent the day surfing the net and stuffing around online and pretty much not doing too much.  I was just too tired; plus my right foot wasn't feeling too hot.  I had tripped down a tiny step the day before and turned it.  But seeing I didn't feel anything on Saturday, I didn't thing anything about it.  Then, Sunday morning came around and - woah! - the pain kicked in!  

And Gabe wanted to go out to dinner.  So, I asked Dad if it was sprained.  He looked at it, and thankfully said no, but it's been strained pretty badly.  So, take it easy, and put a hot face washer on it before bed to keep the bruising and swelling down.  I did that and on Monday it was far better than it was on Sunday.  But yesterday, I had to just slow down and take it easy, no fast turns or twists on that foot.

Today, it's better than ever... I still have a twinge of pain in it, and it's a little swollen still, but it's not as painful as it was on Sunday.  So, it's getting better as time goes on.  However, my chiropractor will think otherwise.  Also today, the past three days of me going out has finally caught up with me.

I've been out to the bank to pay for the rent on my last stall rental.  Then, I went to the post office to check the mail, then I came on home... yep, that's all the driving I'll be doing today.  So, how was your weekend?  Until my next post, take care, stay safe and remember, I'm always here.

No comments:

Post a Comment