Sunday, December 7, 2014

Busy Weekend!

Woah... what a weekend I've had; and it started on Friday for me and has only slowed down this arvo.  

I was supposed to put up my Christmas Tree on Friday, but I received a reminder phone call that I had signed up for a Hebel Sculpture workshop that afternoon... so there went that plan.  Anyway, after I got stung by a black mud wasp, I wasn't all that interested in irritating my bite too much.
So, I went and enjoyed myself.  I made a great piece all about my past... it looks great!  It's called 'Bittersweet Tears'.  It doesn't look perfect, but to me it's finished.  And I also made a second piece from the corner I cut off; very cool... I'll be putting that around the house when I get the jewels glued in.
I ran into Doug Cartright and we chatted at the front desk.  I haven't seen him in a long time and he's lost a lot of weight... and he invited me to his place for a visit.  I'll go and see him on Tuesday; as his partner, Peter, passed away last year (I didn't know until recently) and he's really feeling the loss greatly.

But earlier than we'd usually do, we had to pack up as a storm threatened to close in on us.  So, I took photos of my piece - and others - and wrapped it up and took it home.  That night, we got a lot of rain, a bit of thunder and lightning but that was it... and I was very tired.

On Saturday morning, I was up bright and early to get back to the Logan Art Gallery for the Volunteer's Morning Tea.  This is where we were given our Christmas presents and certificates and badges (if we were supposed to get them).  Last year, my 15 year badge was forgotten as they thought I hadn't been there for as long as I have.  This year, they made sure I got it - in my 16th year of service.  I received a lovely certificate and a gorgeous painting card.  I loved it!  Now, there's only 4 years to go until I've been there for 20 years and I get my 20 year badge and certificate.  After that?  I'm not sure... might stick around and see what goes on.
However, I ran into our old curator - Annette - and she had heard I was going to see Doug.  She discouraged me from seeing him alone, saying he wasn't in his right mind.  I don't think she realises that I'll be okay; that he's grieving and I know what's happened.  I said would take on board what she's told me, but still I'll go and see him.  He wanted to tell me something; and I want to know what it was.

Today, I was up before my alarms went off... I did try to sleep in a bit, but it was impossible with the day heating up quickly.  So, I was up and off to get the paper at around 8am.  Before I knew it, Geoff Treagus was here to have some pancakes with me and I sat for him to do a sketch on a canvas for me to paint.  He thought my pancakes were delicious and the coffee was too strong (oops on my part, I didn't read the packet... oh well, know better next time).  Well, I'm now kicking back and catching up with what online.  I'm hoping to get my butt into painting and reading again over the holidays.  How has your weekend been?  Busy?  Slow?  Or just the same stuff going on?  Until my next post, take care, stay safe and remember, I'm always here.

No comments:

Post a Comment