Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Quiet Tuesday... Before... Well....

Yep, today is my day off to rest and take it easy around the house before I have the rest of the week being busy around the place.  Some weeks are just like that aren't they?

Okay, I got the Christmas Shopping all done and finished - which I'm very happy about - and everything is wrapped up and ready to be given to all my family (well, most of it).  However the house is a mess.  So, I have to get in and clean it up a bit.

That's today's mission... to get the place back into the good working order way of things.

So far, I've mowed the lawn and made it look good for the next week or so.  The laundry got mostly done and I'm looking forward to getting the kitchen tidy - well, kind of.  Otherwise, I'm going well with everything else.  I know that sounds strange that my house is a mess and yet I think life is going okay.

But today I'm hoping to just rest a little after the weekend of busy-ness.  It's caught up with me well and truly and I don't want to go anywhere unless I need to.  

Tomorrow, I'll be out getting photos done up for Christmas cards to post off on the way home.  And I'll also be buying a 3kg Express Post bag to pack for Thursday to post off to Victoria.  I'll be doing that on the way to my folks' house to put up their tree and wait there on a parcel to show up for the day... and while I'm out tomorrow, I'll also buy some cheap mince to make up for the birds at their place and freeze.  Then, I'll see what I can do about the piece of work I've been meaning to look at for the last two weeks - but haven't touched seeing how much rain we've had.

That is if it's not pouring rain too much.

Anyway, this weekend is another full one.  I don't know what I'll be doing on Sunday - but Saturday is chock filled with outings all day until the sun goes down.  

Christmas is one of the busiest times of the year for me... as well as other times when I'm off to the markets as a retailer.  However, as the markets come to a close, Christmas Parties and getting together with friends and family always replace my other commitments.  How about you?  Does December fill up quickly too?  Do you always catch up with friends around this time of year just before school holidays?  Until my next post, take care, stay safe and remember, I'm always here.

No comments:

Post a Comment