Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Busy Shopping Day

I love shopping days... it's where I go out to do my grocery shopping and the day just unfolds and I pretty much do whatever I want for the day, bringing home all kinds of bargains and food for the house for the next fortnight.

Isn't that fun?

Well, it is for me.

Just because I have a car doesn't mean I drive it all the time.  It means I drive it when I need to, not because it's there.  And shopping days are those days where I love to drive it.

Anyway, I enjoy the way my car just carries everything I need it to and safely carries me home.  But I enjoy unpacking it and putting away the food because I can see what I've bought then. More often than not, I've got more food than I know what to do with, but then, that means I don't have to do too much shopping.

Today, I spent more time at the Rochedale Fruit & Veggie Markets than usual, looking around at the other aisles of goods and found some soap on tap there for $1.00 for a 2-pack, and there was some olive oil I normally bought for $8.00 for just $4.00 there, so I got that too.  Then, I found a jar of Rice Syrup... ohh... this stuff is made from brown rice and has natural sweetener in it, and looks like maple syrup... and when I got it home, it tasted like it too!

At Life Line, I found two wooden picture frames which were nice, and a Book Bed (the latter is something I've always wanted to own; but they were always too expensive!).  These Book Beds were always around $40 retail in bookstores, but I scored mine for $15! How cool is that?  I don't mind the florescent colour either - bright yellow! At least I won't lose it.  While I was walking to my car, I saw a nice little bag in the window and it looked hand-made and so I bought that too... and I'm going to use it at my craft days for my crochet yarns and needles instead of taking along my big basket.

From there, I jumped in the car just in time for it to pour rain for a few minutes and it stopped as I was pulling into a parking spot at Coles... how's that for timing! Well, I spent about 45 minutes at the Logan Central Plaza doing the rest of my shopping before dropping into the gallery to pick up some money and then coming home just after midday... what a day!

It was a great day.  I unpacked everything, threw out another two rubbish bags and a box (from the market) and then an hour later, the rubbish truck collected our bins. Otherwise, it's been raining since I sat down on the computer.

Well, tomorrow, I have to go out for an hour and then I'll be home again.  Until my next post, take care, stay safe and remember, I'm always here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment