Friday, December 11, 2015

Catching Up With Laundry and An Old Car

Today, I got to use the new washing machine. Now it took me a few tries to get the right program in it right; and it happily sang to me when it finished - now, that's cute! By 10am or so, I had all my laundry out on the line and it was done - well, okay, most of it was done, I have the towels and hand-washing to do on Monday.

I had prepared some pumpkin last night in a bowl of water to cook this morning to make Christmas Cakes in the shape of Christmas Trees! Well, I had them almost ready to put in the oven when I noticed a car being parked outside my townhouse. There's a 'No Parking' sign in the garden, to keep people from blocking my driveway. And so before I put the cakes in the oven, I went outside to let the person know they had to move the car.
She said that she was going to empty it out and that I wouldn't mind, right? I didn't have anywhere to go today, right? I said I was going out in a few hours, but still it wasn't right to park it in what was technically my driveway. I suggested that she park it in the parking spots provided, but she said she had to clean the car out as it was being collected by a tow truck - it was going to the wreckers. I said that an even better idea would be to back it up to the industrial bin at the back and clean it out up there, so she could do her cleaning out up there. 
Well, right then, she cracked the shits at me. She told me that I was reneging on what I just said - that I had let her park there. I hadn't. I said that she could park it in a better spot... not outside my place. This made her start screaming at me. She called me names, and by this time my next door neighbour came up and said he had heard me - and repeated to her what I had said, that I was right. 
She told us that the care-taker told her to park there, that he knew and that to tell me that she was parking there. I told her that I didn't want her parking outside my house; and it didn't have anything to do with him, and repeated that she was in my driveway to remove the car please. My calmness made her scream at me more. So my neighbour walked up to her and told her to move the car up the back; and that insulting me wasn't going to get her anywhere. While he was talking to her, I took the opportunity to go inside - I'm honestly getting too old for bullshit like this from people who can't take no for an answer. 

Now, I didn't yell at her, I didn't insult her, I didn't call her names. She did the yelling, abusing and screaming. She even made fun of me going inside to close my door against her. I wasn't scared of her - why would I be? I'm over 40 and have gotten to a point in my life where I keep to myself as much as I can. Drama plays nowhere in my life except on television - where it's harmless. This woman was making her circus and her monkeys mine; when they were hers and hers alone. 

I spent the rest of the day hanging out on the net, cooling off here at home and reading a bit... then I took off to the Chiropractors, where I gave them the second Christmas Cake. I was going to give that cake to that neighbour as a peace token - but her insolent behaviour blew that for her, my chiropractors got it instead. Goes to show that you gotta be nice to people, you never know what you'll get in return. The first cake is being taken to my Writer's Group tomorrow for morning tea. Until my next post, take care, stay safe, and remember, I'm always here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment