Sunday, June 5, 2016

Winter At Last!

After a few false starts, the colder months are here - well okay, it's only going to be a few weeks, then we'll get a Westerly Wind and it'll be August and the RNA Show will be under way; along with yet another bout of the flu and colds going around again.

Outside, the skies are blue, the wind is chilly and people are outside enjoying themselves for the first time in around two days. We have had so much rain here. But that doesn't mean I haven't been busily doing things.

Around the house, I've caught up with some housework, putting away laundry, washing up and sorting through some things to recycle. Then, yesterday I went out to the Allsorts Afternoon Tea. A lot of people pulled out of this because of the weather - and really I don't blame them - but the people who did show up were fascinating to talk to. We all just got together and chatted, networking with each other about our work and who we talked to outside the gallery and our own worlds of work. It was a good hour or so away from the house before I battled the rain-soaked roads to get home.

During the Friday night - when the huge down started - I couldn't sleep, and knew I wouldn't be able to - and so I put on 'The Stand' the miniseries and watched all four episode in one sitting. I got to bed at 1:30am... it was a good show, seeing that we now have superflus around and people die from them. But back in the time when the book 'The Stand' was around, it was just fictional. And Stephen King often shows up in the movies his books are made from. I find this really cool; as it kind of makes his films and his books more interesting.

Today has turned out to be cooler than it looks from inside the house. It's sunny and pretty but once you get out there, the wind really gets through your clothes... so I'm sticking around inside the house and my office (which is the warmest place in the house in Winter). Until my next post, take care, stay safe and remember, I'm always here.

No comments:

Post a Comment