Saturday, March 8, 2014

Back Into The Swing of Things

Brisbane is coming into Autumn and I'm really getting back into the swing of things around the house.  It's not necessary a tidy place, but I'm working on it.  But then, I don't have that many visitors coming over here. 

The back fence has been worked on and fixed, so I'm in a gardening-crazy mood at the moment, because I can hang stuff off that back fence for the first time in well... ever!  How very cool is that?  And so, I've got a large terracotta half-pot, hangers, and potting mix, but I'm looking at what to plant there to make it look gorgeous.  I don't want annuals, I want something that will spill over and look lovely but can take full sun too.  This will take some time, but I'm sure the staff at Bunnings can help me.

The weather has been cooling down with the days becoming shorter as well.  This is definitely a great time of year to enjoy Brisbane... as it's not too hot, and not too cold; yep, it's just right.  I love it when the heat is gone from the air and we can all finally get some decent sleep at night, and yet enjoy the daytime too without sweating it out too much.  And this Summer just gone was a stinker!  I can't believe how hot it got!  We didn't receive as much rain as last year and so the gardens are little drier this year - I've noticed this in my 365 Project photos from last year to this year of this time.

I am working on my Fry Nelson: Bounty Hunter series again... mainly book 3 - the last few chapters.  I'm looking forward to finishing it as it's been 5 years in the making and I love it.  
It's so cool when you've been working on something for so long and you can feel the completion is near; you can almost see the ending is in sight.  It's a great feeling, but it doesn't mean you sleep well at night, you actually get less sleep because you're so excited about it all.  Strange that.

Crafty Pegs has been going well.  Last night, I cleaned up and sanded down three packets of pages, all ready to be painted up.  It took me around 4 hours to sort through them, to toss out the rotten ones and to keep the good ones.  But I'm looking forward to this afternoon where I'll be beginning on another coathanger and doing more designs again.  I've only got two coathangers ready for sale, one new one all painted up and one half-painted... I have to do more.  Then, I have an idea on how to dispay them; and it'll be on a hatrack... a nice, light one so they are the main display and not the hatrack.  But I'm hoping to make a small hatrack, not a tall one so they aren't too high off the stall at the next Creative Markets.  Well, that's the main idea anyway. 

So, how have your projects been going?  Good like mine?  Or slow?  Until my next post, take care, stay safe, and remember, I'm always here.

No comments:

Post a Comment