Saturday, November 20, 2010

Health and Weather

If it isn't one thing around this place, it's another.  A few weeks ago, I began to suffer from hay fever.  But it wasn't just that, it got bad really quickly.  I tried everything to get rid of it but the more I tried, the worse it got; and to make it even worse, I had a concert of Sir James Galway to attend.  So, once I did - and lost my voice soon after - I went to the doctor and he told me that I had a sinus infection.  I'm the road to recovery now; however my house isn't.  
As you may remember, we had installed a new clothes line and Dad fixed the knocking problem.  However, this morning, it began again and has been going all day.  So, it looks like we'll have to  get somebody in to look at the place.  
Otherwise, I've had a good week; but busy.  The water I had in my ear was removed with the help of ear drops.  I remember when I was young using them after going swimming to keep from getting middle ear infections.  Now, I was using them again to get water out from behind my eardrum to stop the water from sloshing around in my head.  It stung because I had tried everything to get the water out beforehand; but once the drops worked, the water soaked three tissues!  Wow! That was a lot of water!  
Otherwise, yesterday, Mum and I went over to Clontarf to pick up Riley from school.  However, how we got there was funny.  We forgot to take the Gateway Arterial and she drove us almost all the way into town before she realised we were going the wrong way... oops!  So, we got off at the next offramp and took off across Carindale and found our way to the nearest onramp to the Gateway Arterial that was available.  We got there with 20 minutes to spare and I got some reading done; and even helped her out with finding her spot in her book (as the bookmark fell out of the book).
Seeing Riley was fun.  I took photos of her and Mum walking up and we picked up her stuff from her house, then we were off.  First we dropped off to the Rochedale Fruit Market and picked up some food.  I got some stuff for lunches over the weekend; and then forgot that I had paid for some of Little Miss Stevie's food on my card and I didn't have enough money left over on it.  A big oops for me.  But Mum helped me out until I figured out why I didn't have the cash.  
Once we got back to Mum's house we dropped off the food and then we were back in the car and dropped me off home where I went and fixed myself dinner and worked on a scarf I've been working on for the K-Mart Wishing Tree.  It's looking good.  I also watched a movie before going to bed where I read a book for about an hour and crashed.
Today was a windy day; so I got the hand-washing done and it dried quickly.  Now, it's all clouded over and looks like rain.  Well, I better go.  Until my next post, take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment